Trading Community in Iowa!

Hello Everybody!

I recently moved to Iowa and I am looking to build a community of forex traders to discuss different strategies, market approach, and encourage one another to trade together! Trading with discipline, the right mindset, and money management is not easy and I think having others in the same boat will be very helpful.

Feel free to introduce yourself over here and get in touch if you are interested to build a trading community for Iowans!

Best,
Esam

2 Likes

You can also tell your fellow Iowans how great BabyPips is to learn and discuss forex trading. Welcome to BabyPips

Kind Regards

1 Like

Hello @alenaiziEsam89! I’m not from Iowa but I want to welcome you here in the community! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Enjoy your stay and I hope you’ll find your fellow Iowans here.

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome @JoshRSA. Will definitely do share this forum with others as it has proven to be very useful and educational to me.

Hello @baemax023! Thank you for the warm welcome. Trading is challenging and it will be great to be part of a community of people that share interest in it. I will definitely be around! and hopefully I manage to find other Iowan traders … :wink:

Hey A, welcome, you know what Iowa stands for right?

The Ever Humorous VIPER

No what does IOWA stand for?

Hey M, “I Otta Went Around” hahahahahahaha, just kidding.

The Ever Midwest Jokes VIPER

1 Like

Thanks, been here over 20 years and never heard that on before…

Please elaborate what is LOWA?

I only know of 3 Iowans on BP, and you and I are 2 of those 3, and I am gettinng ready to move out of the state next year, haha. I will be curious if there are any other Iowans here. Go Hawks!

@krugman25 what a luck, I just came and you are leaving! haha. Well, I realized after plenty of research the forex trading is not a thing in Iowa lol. Couldn’t find any institutions, communities, or even casual meet-ups where traders are interested to get together. Perhaps we should start our own institution over here! not a bad business idea … :wink:

Good to know there is a fellow Iowan over here and hopefully I get to know many more!

Hawkeyes all the way! 4th straight win coming soon … :wink:

You are 100% correct on that. If you did a random survey of 1000 Iowans asking them if they knew what Forex was, or even if they have ever heard of the word, you would be lucky to find 1 person answer yes. It’s not even that it’s foreign to people here, it’s simply non-existent.

My wife’s uncle owns a $600,000,000 financial business in Marshalltown called Barr Asset Management. I love going over to their house and hearing about how Paul started with nothing and built a 600 million dollar financial company in a short period of time. It has crossed my mind more than once to start something close to where I live in Mason City. I have a feeling we will be moving back to Iowa after a few years, and who knows, maybe it will be the time to do something like that.

Where did you move here from? Honestly I love Iowa and am only moving because of pressure from the company I work for.

Glad to see your not a Cyclones fan, haha.

Hi @anon24070432

Are you still in Iowa? If so maybe we could chat. I’ve been here in Iowa for 8 years and been trading for 6 years.
I’m in the north east side.