Trading courses

What exactly do you look for, when you are looking for a trading course? what areas do you think need tobe more emphasized? funda, price action ,indicators, risk management or trading psychology? the more details you can write, the better

1 Like

Risk management is very important but I don’t include risk management as an important part of a course, because I see that as common sense and mathematics, which I wouldn’t pay a premium to have it bundled in a course. We all know that $200 is greater than $50 and that it would be foolish to risk $200 to earn $50. Risk Management information is readily available for free and isn’t exactly a secret, even if many people fail to practice it effectively due to a lack of self-discipline.

Courses can teach risk management throughout the entire course but if they don’t show you how to confirm your trade setup or show you how to tell when it is the right time to enter, they are putting you at more risk of taking low probability trades and entering trades too early.

Market Structure is probably the most glossed over part of courses that I have seen. Most courses provide a definition of market structure that determines an uptrend, downtrend, and range but fail to elaborate on the market structure rules of engagement.

Price action seems to be treated similar to market structure as more of definitions of candlesticks, candle patterns, and chart patterns, without diving deep into the interpretation and the underlying mechanics of price action.

When I’m paying for something, I don’t like cheap filler. I don’t want to pay for a course that is filled with re-hashed free content or blatantly obvious concepts.

The part that most people overlook is the ability of the teacher to communicate and effectively convey information. Being a good trader doesn’t automatically make for being a good teacher. Some traders kill the market but are unable to form a complete or coherent sentence. Without having formal training as an instructor they are usually not able to adapt their lessons to the variety of learning styles they will encounter. They tend to forget that the information presented doesn’t need to make sense to them, it needs to make sense to the student. I recognize this short coming from being an instructor for the past decade and having to understand andragogy and pedagogy.

These are the 7 importance components that I look for:

1 Like

IMO the only long term profitability is to trend trade any financial markets provided by broker firms using price action as an indicator. it’s that simple.

As for psychology, I would suggest DAILY swing trading with a defined risk exposure management. No need to watch the charts, other than entry and proposed exits.

Best of luck.

Would you please explain more? or maybe give me some examples? I did not quite get what you mean.

this is not risk management dude. this only r/r, your risk management should determine how much would you enter a trade, based on your equity, how much should your SL be, comparing to TP, for example, in my risk management, I will never risk 10 dollars to get 150$, not because the risk is bigger, because it is much smaller than my TP, and this will not count as a trade based on my risk management, this is actually gambling.

I loved this, actually now that I think of this, this is really accurate.

And a question here, would you take a course that is held by a legendary trader with like 99.99 winning ratio, but he was so busy with trading that he can not even complete a sentence? ( I know this
wont happen, just imagine.)

Risk Management is the common sense based on math. We’re saying the same thing. Would you pay extra to have this in a course when it’s available every where for free?

No I wouldn’t because if I’m learning I need an effective teacher. Their win rate has no impact if they can’t communicate the concept so that the student can grasp it. Might as well take a course spoken in a foreign language, if effective communication isn’t important.

Honestly I believe risk management is the most important factor in trading, so, if I know that the tutor is good with that and if he is teaching me different management methods, yes I would really do.

1 Like

Do you agree with that all geeks are not really powerful with communication and then if there is someone who is a trading geek he is probably not good at communication?

No, I’m not saying that at all. Someone can be good at both trading and teaching. Some can be good at teaching the concept but may be poor at executing trades themselves. Then there are some that are just good traders but can’t clearly explain to someone else how to trade the same way.

If the teacher can’t explain it so that the student can learn it, then their personal trading success doesn’t matter on the teaching side because they are unintentionally keeping the secrets to themselves because they can’t properly explain the concepts.