Trading edge examples

Can anyone please provide a legitimate “edge” example they have heard of, used, or even thought might have been useful. Trying to find ideas on where the midset might be!

1 Like

Following consistent established price trends gives you two edges for the price of one.

The most probable next action for price in an uptrend is to rise, which gives you an edge on deciding whether to buy or sell. Secondly, a winning long position in a continuing uptrend can be pyramided, multiplying potential gains without increasing risk to account capital.

2 Likes

Thank you tommor!

Who are you?

1 Like

Look at futures contracts for the majors and look for pairs opposing each other e.g. one weak and one showing strength. The look to utilise this information on their corresponding FX pair.

1 Like

Thank you! That helps a lot!

Well, my name is Adam. I just joined babypips yesterday to seek others knowledge, opinions, and meet fellow fx traders! Started trading a little less than a year ago and have been on and off with demo and live trading. Started with stocks and crypto but currently trying to learn the ropes with fx and options.
Who are you?

1 Like

You will find information about me in this topic Is It Possible to Trade Without Emotions? Here’s How This Polish Trader Does It!

Welcome!

Following the daily/weekly trends will always give you an edge, no matter what type of trader you are. If the trend on the higher time frame is down, then look for shorting opportunities on any TF.

Personally, I follow this trend-based strategy, or something similar to it: Losing money and ready to quit? Try this first

Good luck!

2 Likes

Just study it and see what you find.