Trading Gartley Patterns

Hi,

I’m currently just looking at different trader’s technical analysis on the market and I noticed a lot of them drawing Gartley patterns. Here’s one I found, which is supposed to be the bat variant:

From what I learnt on BabyPips course, the retracement levels are not the same as the bat variant from the course.

How could this be? Did I miss something crucial? Are there more variants on the Gartley pattern?

Thanks in advance!

How do you calculate the distance between inner levels (XB, BD, AC)?

Hi,

So from what I learned in BabyPips course, you would measure these levels by drawing fib retracements. So for example to get the XV distance, you would draw a fib retracement on X and A, then looking if the B point is retracing on the .382 level.

1 Like

Oh, now I got it! Thank you very much for clarification.

Gartleys Mutants : BAT CRAB BUTTERFLY etc…
Brush up on calculus

Hi,

I’ve reviewed the BP course on the Gartley Mutants and none of them fits this drawing and measures. The closest I could find bullish bat but it doesn’t fit the measurements from the course as it does on the screenshot.

And what does calculus have to do with this?

Best,

What is calculus good for?
It is used to create mathematical models in order to arrive into an optimal solution. For example, in physics, calculus is used in a lot of its concepts. Among the physical concepts that use concepts of calculus include motion, electricity, heat, light, ““HARMONICS””, acoustics, astronomy, and dynamics.

I wouldn’t take any gartley pattern as 100% accurate just use as a guide also if you know how to use the calculus you can create your own methods maybe better.!

Has somebody told you these patterns are 100% ???

Measuring them properly is a finely tuned skill takes time practice but i still wouldn’t just trade purely of gartley pattern.

Good luck.