Trading ideas by Alex

There is a correction on AUD/USD now. I expect the future fall of the quotes. I’ll sell (with a trailing stop), if the price fixes below the 0.7550 local support. The nearest goal for taking profit is 0.7520-0.7500.

Buyers had strength on USD/CAD yesterday. An Ascending Triangle has emerged on the chart and it signalizes about the current trend continuation. The price has overcome the high of this figure. I’ll buy, if the pair fixes above the 1.3300 round level. The goal for taking profit is 1.3340.

The US dollar moved away from local extremes yesterday. EUR USD is traded near the 1.1175 key resistance. I expect a downward trend, and I’ll sell it, if the price fixes below the 1.1160 local support. Potential movement - to the 1.1120-1.1130 demand zone. This will be a short-term speculative deal.

The technical pattern on GBP/USD is ambiguous now. Bearish Engulfing PA pattern has appeared on the H1 chart. I’m waiting for a downward trend and will sell the pair after the price overcomes and retests the 1.2650 support level. Potential movement – to 1.2600.

The pound remains under pressure amid growing political tensions in the UK. GBP/USD is dominated by sales now. I plan opening short positions, if the price fixes below the 1.2700 round level. The goal for taking profit is 1.2660. The currency may reach 1.2600 in the medium term. I’ll use the trailing stop for this position.

A strong reversal figure called ‘Head and shoulders’ has formed on NZD/USD. I plan selling it, if the price fixes below the 0.7260 local support. Potential movement - to 0.7235-0.7230.

The US Department of Commerce published a weak statistics on orders for durable goods yesterday. At the same time, the dollar index (#DX) ended the trading session in the positive zone. Investors expect that the head of the Federal Reserve will confirm his position on the monetary policy at today’s speech.

So, USD/CAD is consolidating now. The currency is traded in a fairly narrow range. I’ve defined the following key levels:
Support – 1.3240
Resistance- 1.3260

I’ll sell the pair, if the price fixes below 1.3240. Potential movement - to 1.3210-1.3200.
I’ll open longs, if the quotes overcome 1.3260 mark. Target movement - to 1.3300.

The 1.1175-1.1210 key trading range has formed on EUR/USD. Today’s speeches of the Central Bank chairmen may serve as a driver for the further alignment of forces on the pair. I’ll look for the entry points to the market after the price fixes above/below the range limits.

I’ll buy after the breakthrough and retest of the 1.1210 resistance level. Target movement - to 1.1260.
I’ll sell, if the price overcomes the 1.1175 mark. Target movement - to 1.1140-1.1120.
These transactions can last for several days.

Buyers prevailed on AUD/USD yesterday. The rally on the Australian dollar continued today. I do not exclude a technical correction. Here are the key levels:
Support – 0.7650
Resistance – 0.7680.

The pair may grow if the price fixes above the 0.7680 local resistance. I’ll open long positions. The MACD histogram is in the positive zone and continues to rise. It is a signal for buying AUD/USD. Potential movement - to 0.7725-0.7750.

A short-term correction may develop if the price fixes below the 0.7650 mark. The goal for taking profit is 0.7610.

Aggressive sales have been observed on USD/CAD since the beginning of the current trading week. The drop in quotations has exceeded 250 points. I don’t exclude a corrective movement in future. The divergence of price and MACD histogram has formed on the chart. I’ll buy if the price fixes above the 1.3040 local resistance. Potential movement - to the 1.3100 round level. The risk on the transaction will be reduced, since this position may be countertrend.

There is an interesting technical pattern on NZD/USD. A rather strong resistance level (0.7330) has formed during this trading week. The price is testing this mark now. I don’t exclude the development of a downward trend. I’ll open positions from the key levels.

I’ll open longs if the price overcomes the 0.7330 resistance level. Potential movement - to 0.7375.

There may be a corrective movement if the price fixes below the 0.7300 round level. Target movement - to 0.7260.

The technical pattern on USD/CHF indicates the corrective movement development. The price has retained the 0.9550 key support. The MACD histogram has moved to the positive zone. I’ll buy the pair, if the price fixes above the 0.9590 local resistance. Potential movement - to 0.9625-0.9650.

A weak statistics on the index of business activity in the manufacturing sector of Great Britain was published today. The technical pattern indicates the correction development. Bearish Engulfing PA pattern has emerged on the chart. I’ll sell GBP/USD, if the price fixes below 1.2950. The goal for taking profit is 1.2900 round level

The USD/CAD currency pair has formed a rather strong reversal formation of technical analysis – the divergence of the price and the MACD histogram. The correction is expected in the nearest future. I’ll buy the pair, if the price fixes above the 1.3000 round level. Potential movement - to 1.3040-1.3060.

Not bad, not bad, still sometimes price goes not in such a way you predicted, but it’s not a problem, my forecasts are not the same precise too. 75% true

There is an interesting technical pattern on USD/JPY. A correction occurred during the Asian trading session. At the same time, the pair has fixed at the 112.80 mirror resistance level, it boosted its growth. I wait for the continuation of the current trend. I’ll buy, if the price fixes above 113.30. Potential movement – to 113.60 – 113.75.

RBA has retained the key interest rate at the previous level of 1.50% today. It caused a sharp drop of the Australian dollar. AUD/USD has updated its local extremes. It indicates a possible trend changing. I’ll sell the pair, if the price fixes below the 0.7600 round level. The goal for taking profit is 0.7570. I’ll use a trailing stop for this position. Potential entry points into the market may appear during several days.

The FOMC protocols are in the focus today. This report may indicate the possibility of raising the Fed key interest rate in the current year.

My fav PA pattern Bearish Engulfing was formed on NZD/USD near the 0.7290 resistance level. The current technical picture indicates the downward trend development. I plan to sell the pair, if the price fixes below the 0.7260 mark. Potential movement - to 0.7220.

The divergence continued on USD/CAD. It seems to me that there may be a corrective movement soon. I will buy the pair after the breakthrough and retest of the 1.2960 level. Confirmations and entry points to the market may be found on smaller timeframes. The goal for taking profit is 1.3000-1.3015.

The report on the US labor market is in the focus today. Most experts believe that the main indicators will improve. At the same time, yesterday’s preliminary statistics from ADP turned out to be weak. Today, we expect high trading activity and volatility. So, I won’t trade, but will just watch the market. For myself, I identified the following key levels:
EUR/USD
Support: 1.1385, 1.1325
Resistance: 1.1440, 1.1500