Trading ideas by Alex

The Australian dollar was under pressure amid a weak inflation statistics in Australia during the Asian trading session. The price is testing the 0.7920 mirror resistance level now. I’ll sell AUD/USD, if the price fixes below 0.7910. The goal for taking profit is 0.7880.

A correction was observed on USD/JPY yesterday. The yen has reached the 112.00 round level. It seems to me that the correctional movement can continue. The demand for the US dollar is supported by the growth of yields on US government bonds. I’ll buy the pair, if the price tests and keeps the 111.30-111.50 zone. Potential movement - to 112.00-112.25. Potential entry points into the market may appear within a few days.

Aggressive sales were observed on EUR/USD yesterday. That happened due to the Fed comments. The regulator reported about weak prospects of the inflation growth, which is below the 2% target level. Nevertheless, the technical picture is ambiguous now. I don’t rule out a correction in the near future. I highlighted the following key levels and will open positions from these marks.

Support: 1.1715, 1.1680
Resistance: 1.1745, 1.1775

I’ll sell EUR/USD if the price fixes lower the 1.1715 local support. Potential movement – to 1.1680.
I’ll buy it, if the price fixes above 1.1745. Target movement – to 1.1770-1.1775.

The bullish sentiment prevails on GBP/USD. The price has retained the 1.3125 mirror support level. I expect the further growth of the British currency. I’ll buy, if the price fixes above the 1.3155 local support. Potential movement – to 1.3200.

The news background is quite saturated today. 2 important reports are expected. The statistics on GDP of the US and Canada will be released at 12:30 (GMT). The US economy will be in the focus. The latest economic reports from the United States were mixed. At the same time, experts expect that the economic growth will be 2.6% in the second quarter compared to the previous value of 1.4%. Prior to the statistics release on majors, there won’t be strong trend movements. I’ve identified the following key levels and plan to open deals from these marks.

EUR/USD
support: 1.1680, 1.1615
resistance: 1.1725, 1.1775

USD/JPY
support: 110.85, 110.00
resistance: 111.50, 112.10

A quite optimistic data on inflation in the eurozone was published today. I expect the continuation of the upward trend on EUR/USD. I’ll buy this pair if the price fixes above the 1.1745 local resistance. The closest goal for taking profit is 1.1775.

GBP/USD has formed a double top. The key trading range is 1.3100-1.3155. There will be a meeting of the Bank of England this week. It seems to me that the GBP/USD will consolidate in the coming trading sessions. I plan to open positions from the key levels.

I’ll sell it, f the price fixes below the 1.3100 round level. Potential movement - to 1.3050-1.3040.

I’ll open long positions, if the price fixes above the 1.3155 local resistance. Potential movement - to the 1.3200 round level.

A weak statistics from the EU was published today. I expect the correction on EUR/USD. I’ll sell after the price fixes below the 1.1805 local support. The currency may move to the 1.1760 mirror support.

I expect a correction on USD/CAD. The price has retained the 1.2455 local support and it triggered a bullish sentiment. I’ll buy the pair, if it fixes above the 1.2500 round level. Take profit – at the 1.2535 resistance level.

My yesterdays expectations concerning USD/CAD confirmed. I think that the correction may continue. The sharp fall of the oil quotes pressured the Canadian dollar. I’ll buy USD/CAD if it fixes above the 1.2585 local support. The pair may move to 1.2640.

Aggressive purchases prevailed on USD/JPY during the Asian trading session. I expect the growth of this pair. The price is near the 110.90 local resistance. I’ll buy USD/JPY, if it fixes above this mark. Take profit – at 111.30.

Despite the weak ADP report on the US labor market, I expect a correction on EUR/USD soon. A Bearish Engulfing PA pattern has formed near the 1.1900 round level. I’ll sell the pair, if it fixes below the 1.1835 local support. The goal for taking profit is the 1.1800 round level.

A correctional movement is observed on AUD/USD during the last trading sessions. The Aussie is under pressure due to the weak data on the Australian trading balance. I expect a correction of the AUD/USD quotes. I’ll sell the pair, if it fixes below the 0.7920 level. The pair may move to 0.7880.

The report on the US labor market is at the center of attention today. Preliminary data from ADP and statistics on business activity in the non-manufacturing sector from ISM turned out to be weak. At the same time, the experts expect an increase of the average hourly wage and a drop of the unemployment rate to 4.3%. A positive report can strengthen investors’ expectations about another increase of the Fed’s interest rate. I expect high trading activity today. So, I won’t trade today but just watch the market. I’ve identified the following key levels:

EUR/USD
support : 1.1835, 1.1760
resistance: 1.1900, 1.1950

USD/JPY
support: 110.00, 109.50
resistance: 110.40, 110.90, 111.30

The US Department of Commerce published a positive report on the labor market on Friday. The demand for the US currency is at a fairly high level now. I expect further strengthening of the US dollar against the major currency majors in the nearest future.
USD/JPY is testing a strong 110.90 resistance level at the moment. I’ll buy it, if the price fixes above this mark. The closest target for taking profit is the 111.30 resistance.

The euro is testing a 1.1800 round level now. I plan to sell EUR/USD after the breakdown and retest of the 1.1785 level. The pair may move to the 1.1740 local support.

Yesterday’s trading was very calm. Majors were traded in a rather narrow range.
I still expect a further correction on EUR/USD. I plan to sell, if the price fixes below the 1.1800 round level. The pair may move to the 1.1740 local support level.

There is a correction on USD/CAD now. It seems to me that the pair has a good potential for the further growth. The demand for the US dollar remains at a fairly high level. I plan to buy it, if the price fixes above the 1.2675 local resistance. The goal for taking profit is the 1.2700 round level. I’ll use the trailing stop for tracking this position.