Trading ideas by Alex

My yesterday’s assumptions on USD/CAD were confirmed. The technical pattern is ambiguous now. Today at 12:30 (GMT), a report on Canada’s GDP will be published. I plan to wait for the release and open positions from the key levels.
I’ll buy USD/CAD if the price fixes above the 1.2660 local resistance. The goal for taking profit is the 1.2700 round level.
I’ll open short positions, if the price fixes below 1.2610. The pair may move to 1.2575-1.2545.

There were aggressive sales on EUR/USD during the last trading session. I don’t exclude a technical correction. I’ll buy it, if the price fixes above the 1.1920 local resistance. The pair may move to 1.1975.

The report on the US labor market is at the center of attention today. Preliminary statistics from ADP was quite optimistic. At the same time, the US continues to publish mixed economic reports. Today’s data on the labor market will have a significant impact on the further alignment of forces on majors. We should expect high volatility today. I’ll just watch the market. I’ve identified the following key levels:

EUR/USD
support: 1.1825, 1.1750, 1.1700
resistance: 1.1925, 1.2000, 1.2060

USD/JPY
support: 109.75, 109.25, 108.70
resistance: 110.25, 110.60, 110.90
I’ll be back to trading on Monday. Wish you all good profit!

Aggressive sales were observed on USD/CAD during the last trading sessions. I don’t exclude a technical correction. The currency is testing the 1.2420 local support. I’ll buy the pair if the price fixes above this mark. It may move to 1.2450-1.2485

The demand for safe currencies has grown significantly. The tension on the Korean peninsula worsened. The USD/JPY pair opened in a gap down over 70 points. The trading instrument has formed a local resistance at 109.85. I plan to sell it, if the price fixes below the 109.40 local support. USD/JPY may move to 109.00-108.90.

The demand for safe assets remains at a fairly high level due to the tense situation on the Korean peninsula. USD/JPY is testing the 109.50 local resistance now. I will sell the pair, if it fixes below the 109.35 level. The goal for taking profit is the 109.00 round level. I will use a trailing stop for tracking the position.

The UK published weak statistics on the business activity in the services sector. The bearish sentiment may dominate the GBP/USD in the nearest future. I’ll sell GBP/USD ,if it fixes below the 1.2915 local support. The pair may potentially move to 1.2875-1.2855.

Aggressive purchases were on GBP/USD yesterday. It happened despite a weak report on business activity in the services sector in Great Britain. It seems to me this pair has the potential for the further growth. I’ll open long positions, if the price fixes above the 1.3040 local resistance. The pair may move to 1.3075-1.3100.

AUD/USD held the local offer zone at 0.8015-0.8025 during today Asian session. I don’t exclude the bearish sentiment development. I plan to sell the pair if it fixes below the 0.7980 local support. Target movement - to 0.7940.

I can point out active sales on EUR/USD before today’s meeting of the ECB. Statements and comments of the Central Bank head Mario Draghi will be at the center of attention today. He’ll talk about the significant strengthening of the euro. I plan to wait for the ECB press conference. Prior to the meeting of the regulators, there may be many deceptive movements on the market. I’ll open positions from key levels:
support: 1.1910, 1.1835
resistance: 1.1975, 1.2060

I’ll buy EUR/USD, if the price fixes above 1.1975. It may move to 1.2050-1.2060.

I’ll sell it, if the price fixes below 1.1910. The pair may move to 1.1850-1.1835.

The Bank of Canada unexpectedly raised its key interest rate by the 25 basis points to 1.00% yesterday. It triggered aggressive USD/CAD sales. The currency has reached the 1.2200 round level. It seems to me that the demand for the Canadian dollar remains at a high level. I’ll sell this pair, if the price fixes below 1.2200. The pair may move to 1.2165-1.2145.

At the same time, I do not exclude a technical correction. I’d buy USD/CAD in case the price overcomes the 1.2240 local resistance.

There is the bullish sentiment on EUR/USD now. The ECB head Mario Draghi supported the euro. The ECB will take a decision to reduce the quantitative easing program in the near future. Most likely, these changes will occur in October. The Central Bank also raised the forecast for the GDP growth this year.

At the same time, I don’t rule out a technical correction. The EUR/USD currency pair formed a rather strong reversal formation – the divergence of price and MACD histogram. I plan to open positions from key levels.

I’ll sell EUR/USD, if the price fixes below the 1.2035 local support. The goal for taking profit is the 1.2000 round level.

I’ll buy the pair, if it fixes above 1.2090. It may move to 1.2125-1.2150.

Aggressive sales are observed on NZD/USD. I plan opening positions in the current trend direction. I’ll buy the pair, if it fixes above the 0.7315 local resistance level. The pair may move to 0.7335-0.7350.

An interesting technical pattern has formed on NZD/USD. The pair has retained the 0.7290 mirror support. The bearish sentiment will likely prevail in the near future. I’ll sell NZD/USD, if the price fixes below the 0.7260 local support. The nearest goal for taking profit is 0.7230. The pair may reach the 0.7180 mark in several days.

A correction is observed on USD/JPY. It opened with a gap up today. The price is testing the 108.60 local support. I expect the further correction of USD/JPY. I’ll open long positions, if the price fixes above 108.60. The target movement: 109.00-109.20.

Hello, there are no liquidity Gaps in Spot Currency. What you are seeing are you servers restarting and picking up after the price has already moved over the weekend.

The Ever Enlightening VIPER

Trades on USD/JPY opened with a gap with the most of well-known known brokers on Monday. The quotes from different brokers often differ due to the different liquidity providers … In any case, all traders returned to trading on Mon, when the price opened in the 108.20 area. the closing price on Friday was around 107.80

My yesterday’s expectations for USD/JPY were confirmed. There are aggressive purchases now. The demand for the safe currencies weakened against the background of the geopolitical risks reduction on the Korean peninsula. I plan to open deals in the current trend direction. I’ll buy the pair, if it fixes above 109.75. The target level is 110.00-110.25.

The bullish sentiment prevails on GBP/USD at the moment. The price overcame the 1.3215 key resistance level. Recently, an optimistic report on the inflation in the UK was published. I plan to wait for the retest of 1.3215-1.3225. If the price reaches this zone, I will buy GBP/USD. The poair may move to 1.3260-1.3275.