Trading Intervals

I have seen some recommendations in regards to trading intervals to use. I have seen everywhere from minutes to days. The 3 I have seen on this site suggest 15 minute intervals, 1 hour intervals, or 4 hour intervals.

Will I miss out on trends if I trade with a longer window?

@trolloc63
Hello…The short answer is no.

Best of luck to you :slight_smile:

I trade intervals that I can, since I work, too. It just happens that daily and 12 hour charts also have the best balance of costs (spread and commission) and opportunity. Frequent trades on shorter time periods eat up more profit with costs compared to the range. Also morning and night trades are more opportunities than weekly and enough movement to make them worthwhile.

I guess I just had to continue High School a bit before asking silly questions…

What Time Frame Should I Trade?

One of the reasons newbie forex traders don’t do as well as they should is because they’re usually trading the wrong time frame for their personality.

New forex traders will want to get rich quick so they’ll start trading small time frames like the 1-minute or 5-minute charts.

That would be me, trying to be a maverick on the 1 minute chart.

:frowning:

It all depends on your strategy. If you trade intraday only, it would be enoght to use 1 min chart to find entry point and daily chart to see the whole picture. If you would like to find mid-term trades, it would be better to add 5min and 1h charts for additional information.