Trading Journals

Hi - just wondering if people journal everyday regarding Trading?

If so what do you cover in your journal

cheers

I don’t do it and never had one. I value strategy over journal.

But I can see it could be a good way to monitor the strategy plus your execution, should allow some refinements surely.

1 Like

I have a journal here where I leave myself notes, keep a little info on progress and trades and ideas and thoughts about what I should focus on. I also jot down quotes and important info.

And then I have a free myfxbook account hooked up to my live account that tracks all my trades with my broker. Really cool data and charts.

I’m thinking of maybe going even more into something paid on the journal side. Still investigating that tho.

Journaling is time consuming. If you’re scalping, I don’t know if you can/will keep that up. You could journal at the end of the day or week about how the day and week went. Journaling is definitely easier if you don’t have a lot of trades during the week.

Image taking 5 trades a day every day for the week. Are you gonna journal 25 times? If you had something that automatically takes all your trade details, that would be so much easier.

1 Like

I started another thread about Tradezella. It’s a paid journaling app. Thinking about taking it up another level. Not sure anybody has mentioned it here. Could be an option for you.