Trading on an Ipad

Is it possible to trade on an iPad? If so, does anyone find it anymore practical/functional than a laptop?

My main concern would be using platforms?

Any advice is welcomed

Thanks

I do most of my trading on a Samsung 10" tablet

I trade almost exclusively on my Sony tablet and my phone through Metatrader 4. I do find the PC version of Metatrader useful for preparing monthly trading reports, however.

Be aware that not all platforms are equal, though. One of the reasons I did not go with Markets.com as my first broker was because their mobile platform does not allow you to use any indicators (or at least, it didn’t at the time). So start a demo account with your preferred broker and test out their specific platform to see how you get on. If you can find a decent broker in your jurisdiction that uses Metatrader then you can easily switch to other brokers (that use Metatrader) without having to change platforms.

When I trade, I use my laptop for my trade analysis, look on my phone for % change of currency and set my trade on my iPad :grin:. For Oanda I can set my TP and SL by my fingers and it seems more convenient than inputting numbers on my laptop.

So it’s possible.

1 Like

Well, I use ipad sometimes as well as a mobile phone but prefer working on a PC
However, I find it a matter of habit

1 Like

is it possible…
yes it’s possible

is it practical FOR ME PERSONALLY
No… because i use multiple monitors where i trade

I have more, but i need a min of 3 to do what i want to do
so 3 Ipads hooked up in Parallel … Yeah Maybe
but i use 22" inch monitors for a better visual feel

i only monitor trades on my phone when out and about
but the actual trading is done in the office.

1 Like

Same here! I’m also using the same device.

1 Like

Of course it is possible, but for me it is just not comfortable enough. I just prefer to do it on my computer but I might be in minority, because I am a little old-fashioned, I think!

Sure, why not. All popular trading platforms have a mobile version at this point.
However, I think that the bigger the screen, the easier the trading is. I don’t think that trading on a tablet permanently would be very comfortable.

If you are comfortable with the iPad; then stay with this device!