Trading or Investing?

MrDE - that’s jolly decent - I don’t have a problem with you or your posts, but I just won’t be reading anything that lengthy. Martin_K’s the real culprit. He’s a good sort too: probably doesn’t like to admit it.

its ok. im sure 1 or 2 sentenced answers to complicated questions wont get you far in trading nor in life. id wish you change your mind and see that theres is no wisdom neither in forum nor in easy answers (see martin i spelled answer with “e”) but the path to success is a path you must decide to walk by yourself. noone can (and noone has absolutely no intention/bebefits/intereat, especially not me) drag you through that path like a death corpse behind him.

We’re good. As the Americans say.

I try ever so hard to make my forum answers either questions or statements that obviously invite questions. Makes people think. Sometimes when tired I’ll say - don’t do this you’re stupid do what I do instead - but that’s not really helping anyone.

Good evening.

hi @tommor
i’m sort of confused
but I THINK this is a compliment… right ?
if it is… thank you

you see, in Australia… A GOOD SORT is a HOT CHICK
a guy generally doesn’t call another guy a good sort

i think you mean to say im a good guy… is that correct
if so , thanks

as to admitting it
i will admit i try to be… sure
but i don’t want to come across stuck up either

In the UK a good sort is an old-fashioned and maybe upper class expression for a good guy as used by another guy. He would never use the expression for a female and a female would never use it for either a male or female. Its a nice way to say you like someone without saying you like them, which we find a little too direct to be comfortable with.

Yes, I know we’re strung a little tight over here…

Your posts are good but could be shorter?

@tommor
hehe that’s funny

but that’s what i thought you meant.

mate, in Australia, we’d see a hot chick and say "she’s a good sort"
it’s sort of like you guys saying "that bird is fit"
now imagine saying to me “Martin is fit” LMFAO that’s how it came across.

either way mate
i thank you
and i accept the comment about the long posts.

i think you can probably look forward to shorter posts in the future and (Respectfully ) my absence on this site

i am really seriously considering leaving this site because i have to tread every so carefully to not offend people (not you. buy the way, for the record)
it’s like. you say the most innocent thing and you get a flag

now… depending on the answer that i get from the mods, will determine if i care to stay any longer.
if i leave it won’t be out of anger,
it will just be because i don’t want to play games with little princesses and little snowflakes that don’t understand that we are here to learn to make money.
and i don’t want to keep having to put in more effort because people can’t think for themselves

again… Not you

so maybe you will get shorter posts hehe
we’ll see
either way mate, thank you for the compliment
be cool

1 Like

My short reply is -
Don’t leave Martin.

2 Likes

and my ATTEMPT at a short reply is

• thank you, i appreciate it sincerley

• @anon46773462 had a chat to me , i’ll consider what he said.

now… if i go on further i know it’ll be a wall of text. so hehe… i’ll stop here.

1 Like

I agree with all of you. And my opinion is all of us want to feel ourselves comfortable.
If someone likes writing a long post, write a long one.
If someone wants to write a short post, write a short one. Personally for me it does not matter. I will read both short and long posts.

On the one hand, the thread encourages us to philosophize. But on the other hand would like to hear more specifics from you. Share experience, who has what results. Who prefer trading? Who prefer investing? You can even show the results in a percentage. It will be more clearly.
For example: trade vs. investment: 50:50.
Maybe then we will understand our reasoning.

1 Like

I also trade and invest. If you take a specific period, such as a year. Trade brought me 15%. And the investment 60%. I consider only profitable periods, Losses do not include. It’s useless.
Of course I can trade badly. But you asked for specifics.

In Forex besides currency trading there is an opportunity to invest. The investor and trader both of can invest in here to ensure another source to earn profit. In my trading career, besides manual trading sometimes I invest on PAAM services from where I can gain more profit. actually Forex market is open for all opportunities.

Hey, I’m new here. Hello to everyone.
I’ll try to write a medium post, comfortable for reading, LOL.
My investing experience includes only real estate investments and business shares investments. Also, I used to trade more than 2 years on FX. The biggest issue related to trading is unstable an nervous process and difficulties with diversification. What about investing, I earned much more with shares investing and now, this is a passive earnings that help me improve my own business. If I was a Forex trader, I wouldn’t be able to get out of debts. In conclusion, let professionals to trade and earn money, and investors to invest.

Investing in shares, even if you have a long time horizon, is only lower risk than trading because the shareholder cannot lose more than the price paid per share. The problem is that your pound has little leverage. You can buy a blue chip share at 500p and I’m sure you’d be happy with an annual dividend of 25p and to see price double to 1000p in 5 years.

So discounting inflation and even assuming pessimistically your dividend was never increased pro rata with the rising share price, your pound has netted you a gain of 625p, or 125%.

Whereas that same pound if leveraged and deployed through derivatives on a short-term basis could net 100% profit in months, maybe weeks, every single year. And some of these instruments are even tax-exempt. And some traders can even short a falling market: share prices can go down as well as up so in a bear market you could end up with no income and no saleable assets.

To be honest, i’ve been thinking about investing for a long time.
And this thread is relevant for me. It was interesting to hear so many opinions on this.
I think now i make a decision.

There’s a widespread opinion that investing is a much safer way to get more money, than trading in forex. But there’re risks everywhere, the main thing is to manage them properly.

Well, everybody decides what’s important for themselves. A lot of people choose trading and others, who don’t want anything to do with that, prefer simpler investments.

As for me, it’s better to invest. For me, it’s risk minimization. Yes, I’m guessing that I’m now being attacked with accusations that investing are as risky as independent trade. but I remain at my opinion anyway. Investments give me a profit, and trade - losses.
And you already decide what is closer to you.
ps. sorry for English language, I use translator.

I partly agree with you. I explain why. Yes, it is possible that some invest only because they do not want to do anything.
But this is not about me. I carefully chose where to invest. I painted all the pros and cons. Read on the forums information about this or another method of investment.
This is also work. This also takes time.
Plus, now I’m carefully monitoring my profits.

It will be more clearly if you can show the results in a percentage.
For example: trade vs. investment: 50:50.
This way you will more clearly prove your point of view.