Trading or Investing?

To be honest, i’ve been thinking about investing for a long time.
And this thread is relevant for me. It was interesting to hear so many opinions on this.
I think now i make a decision.

There’s a widespread opinion that investing is a much safer way to get more money, than trading in forex. But there’re risks everywhere, the main thing is to manage them properly.

Well, everybody decides what’s important for themselves. A lot of people choose trading and others, who don’t want anything to do with that, prefer simpler investments.

As for me, it’s better to invest. For me, it’s risk minimization. Yes, I’m guessing that I’m now being attacked with accusations that investing are as risky as independent trade. but I remain at my opinion anyway. Investments give me a profit, and trade - losses.
And you already decide what is closer to you.
ps. sorry for English language, I use translator.

I partly agree with you. I explain why. Yes, it is possible that some invest only because they do not want to do anything.
But this is not about me. I carefully chose where to invest. I painted all the pros and cons. Read on the forums information about this or another method of investment.
This is also work. This also takes time.
Plus, now I’m carefully monitoring my profits.

It will be more clearly if you can show the results in a percentage.
For example: trade vs. investment: 50:50.
This way you will more clearly prove your point of view.

I would say so. All that I lost in the trade I restored by investing. In percent I would call it 0:100. 0 - trade, and 100 - investment.

Investing has always been closer to me than trading. Perhaps this is fate. Or maybe just luck.
I can debate for a long time on this topic. My experience in investing could help someone.
By the way tell me about your experience @Nowak . Also in percent.

In the investment there are no risks. You need to know or feel when withdrawing money. Then there will be no risks.:joy:

Haha i imagine how you sit and monitor your investments all day and night, and then went to the fortune-teller to find out when to get out.:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I think it depends on how much money you are working with. Even within currency margin trading I think you can invest if you buy and hold with a longer term view trading the fundamentals. I would use the analogy that investing is like, well investing (bad definition) holding assets with a longer term view for fixed income and or capital growth whereas trading is more like going to work to earn a salary albeit not a fixed amount.

And like working to earn an income, it would be wise in my view to invest the receipts from trading in other safer assets and longer term diversified investments.

Both approaches have their pros and cons. Trading lets you profit fast, while investing requires patience. Although investing is less risky.

I’ve been doing a lot of investments lately, however, you have to understand, that it’s a long process, unlike forex, where you can get profit quite fast.

I personally think trading is a long term concept where a trader trades securities more frequently to earn money: here buying and selling securities is the main strategy. But investment is the short term concept: an investor buys a security and holds it for some times and few times later he closes his positions by selling the security. There is no recurring process in investing, it is an one shot game where trading is a recurring buying and selling process.

1 Like

You take my words literaly. Keep calm man.