Trading platform

Hey guys.
I realized each broker offer its own trading planform. For example I faced with both MT4 and MT5. Which one is better? Or a general question, what should I seek in a trading platform? What are the criteria?

Hi MT5 is next version, so it is clear that support for MT4 will be shorter in period of time and MT5 have better back test options than MT4. Regards Greg

2 Likes

Choosing between MT4 and MT5 comes down to your own personal preferences. MT5 has some cool features like extra timeframes, depth of market, and multi-currency strategy testing, while MT4 has a bigger community and more custom indicators and expert advisors. It’s important to think about what’s important to you and your trading style to decide which one you like best!

2 Likes

So far I know mt5 is better for stock trading and mt4 is better for forex trading.

1 Like

I appreciate your question, but I think the answer provided by this man is the best one. As they pointed out, the appropriate amount of leverage to use in forex trading depends on your own needs and preferences. It’s important to carefully consider factors such as your trading goals, experience level, and risk management approach when deciding on a leverage ratio that is right for you. I encourage you to take this advice into consideration as you continue your trading journey

2 Likes

I don’t understand mt5 trading platform much so I use mt4 trading platform. Mt5 is mostly preferred by stock traders.

1 Like

I want to share that while I’m currently trading with MT4, I believe that eventually, we will all have to switch to MT5. While I personally don’t love the feel of the MT5 platform, I’ve started using it for my demo account as a way to prepare myself for the eventual transition. It’s possible that I could be wrong, but I’d rather be proactive and get familiar with the new platform now, rather than be caught off guard in the future.

2 Likes

Mt4 is a platform easy to understand and read the chart. I think majority of the traders use this platform.

1 Like

Scary vibes only!

Or maybe Facts only!

1 Like

they do - and the overwhelming majority are losing, whoever’s figures you believe

that’s one of the (very many) reasons for avoiding MT4

anyone who’s not clear about this needs to read this post carefully, and follow its links:-

1 Like

You know what is the reason or you just saying it out of experience?

Thanks for the information Greg!

Roger that!
Thanks for the advice.

There are still more users who choose MT4 than MT5. If you are trading forex, 4 may be more suitable for you. Of course, 5 is also possible, but I choose MT4. Regarding the broker, the cost of choice is reasonable, and the deposit and withdrawal are convenient.

1 Like

Thank you. Worth- to-note information!

ooh that’s interesting I did not know this!

1 Like

from my first day of trading i have been using MT5 which is really comfortable to use.

1 Like

Probably I should give it a try. Although currently I’m using MT4 and a demo.