Trading platform

Hi,
I am new in Forex. Is there a free trading platform, which allows backtesting (Oanda demo for example does not allow that) and has in addition the necessary instruments (indicators, fibonacci …)?
Thank’s for any advice
Daniel

Try IC Markets.

They are an ECN Broker with the MT4 Platform which is very popular with retail traders. That means that you could switch to other brokers and still use a platform that you are familiar with. Also they provide leverage up to 1:500.

https://www.icmarkets.com/

You can back test with MT4. To download better prices for the most accurate back tests try Tick Data Manager. they have a trial product also:

https://eareview.net/trial

1 Like

Thank you, I will try it out.

Cool, no worries. Just in case: What is ECN | Learn the benefits of a true ECN Forex Broker | FXCC

You want to ideally margin trade with access to the inter bank liquidity for price transparency and spreads ECN and DMA brokers are the best choice as there is no potential conflict of interest with you and their business model.

Avoid CFDs and Spread Betting.

2 Likes

I think, back testing is a feature of mt4; but if you want to get proper felling of back testing then go for paid!

1 Like

I agree with Peter. Demo trading has all the features of live trading. But from the OANDA you have not get back testing facility is for they do not have MT4 trading platform. If you really wanted to do back testing you have to select a broker which has MT4 trading platform and start demo trading with those broker. If you do not understand which broker should you do demo testing than search for a MT4 trading platform in online you will get you solution.

1 Like

For back testing I used Forex tester 2! I actually used this software after my demo.

1 Like

Was this trading software free or paid?

Hi peter; I also used FT2; it’s a paid software but 30 days trial is available.

Open a demo account with any broker and download MetaTrader 4. You’ll find everything you need and even more in MetaTrader. The main thing is to immediately adjust it to you.

Honestly, it could be an official job for someone, correcting everything you post here.

Of course they have the MT4 trading platform: MetaTrader 4 Platform Download | Trade MT4 | OANDA

1 Like