Trading Platforms

Hi, I am new to forex trading (started live trading 3 months ago).

Been using a certain platform and was wondering if any traders encounter this issue when a trade will move almost immediately once a position is closed? eg, I closed my long position on Eur/USD at 1.13 and in less than five minutes, the price shot up to 1.135!

Was wondering if the platform is programmed to keep track of our trades?

Traded GBP/USD right before U.K. Unemployment data was released. Shorted at 1.28 with TP 1.27 but managed to close position at 1.265. Cheers!

I haven’t encountered that problem. I guess it could also depend on your broker as there can be some brokers out there that could be setting things up like that. But like the previous post says, you also have to be aware of your timing when it comes to trading. News events can really have a big effect on spreads. And it sounds like the previous post experienced slippage. Do you typically set a TP or SL for your trades?

You mean the price spiked after you closed your trade and you missed the profit. It is a normal thing. You closed the trade manually right? You should also compare charts from another broker using same time history to see if there any discrepancies.

I will normally set a TP for all my trades. I’d let the losses run and manually close my day trades if it reaches my limit (risky and needs constant monitoring). Will set SL when I swing trade.

Yes, normally I would close my day trades manually. Which brokers do you recommend? I tried those from Oanda and IG (brokers) and investing dot com, tradingview and Oanda (charts).