Trading software/hardware advice

Hi All

New trader here just looking for advice/feedback on best hardware/software combination for trading.

I am Mac user and as of the most recent Mac operating system upgrade (Catalina) Metatrader 4/5 no longer works.

Is there a recommended trading/charting software that will run on the latest Mac OS and can this be linked to a broker account? I am in Australia FYI.

I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance:-))

Take a look at Parallels Desktop. It is a Windows emulator. Not sure if they have a version for Catalina as yet.

Hi ypu can check also "wine " emulator, maybe will help. Regards Greg
#Backtest2008

Hi Professor. Wine does not work. I’ve tested it and it has many issues. The software has not been updated in a while.

so cheapest and easyiest way is buy pc with windows :slight_smile:

The recommended platform is Windows, Mac OS will only cause you trouble, and your trader friends will tease you because it’s for girls.

Hi Zendivor

I am from Australia and I have a macbook pro 15" mid 2015 model running High Sierra

I run parallels 15 as a virtual machine and I use windows 10 as an operationg system. This allows me to use any windows based trading software. I ues two trading platforms Track N Trade and TradeStation version 10. But I’m sure you could run MT5 or MT4 or Ninjatrader or Tradeview, whatever you want.

My system runs well with no glitches and it allows me to have the best of both worlds. Mac and Windows. I have also set my windows system up so that it has the same functionality of a Mac.

if you have any further questions just ask.

Cheers

Blackduck