Trading Strategies!

The kind of help people want is a mechanical strategy that works. That’s it. I believe a lot of people here use discretionary trading which is not something you can teach someone else. That’s why theres a lot of wishy washy threads about how to make it… only not.

I think you are absolutely right. It does seem nowadays (along with most things in life) people just want a plug-in mechanical system that will simply bring in the pips without having to bother understanding what is going on “under the hood” or even learning what trading is all about. I would also be happy with one of those but, unfortunately I have never seen anyone offering one that is consistent for any duration! :smiley:

And, yes, most strategies here are discretionary and therefore of little use to anyone else as they stand. Like i said earlier, that is exactly why I don’t have a personal journal here.

But helping others to learn the basics and develop their own strategies without having to keep on re-inventing the wheel is, of course, a very different matter.

The OP initially asked for best strategies, but is now turning towards mutually helping one another to develop one’s own strategies - which I think is the best, perhaps only, route to consistent success - or what do you think?

2 Likes

I’m not sure that there is any mechanical system that really works on a consistent basis! The system might work in times and fail in times. But most of the time most mechanical systems fail. Remember that these systems are developed by individuals like you and me! So there is always a large room for errors.
Trading can be boring and most of the time people are looking for an easy way out😆 I don’t think anyone under normal circumstances would like to sit down and study charts, or just to know basic candle sticks! it is in our nature to hate work, but how will we profit if we don’t work? I don’t think that in life I’ll ever want to trade any system without knowing what is going on, that is too big a risk! However if you feel like you don’t want to trade and you just want to see money rolling in, then I suggest that you do copy trading. There are risks too involved, because if you start copy trading then if the person you are copying makes a loss then you too make a loss, copy trading can be done at a fee charged by the person that you are copying. Your orders can be executed instantly. Apart from that I suggest that people must study and get to understand the markets, this brings ample room for future developments of a system that might really work,

If it works then itll work when implemented. No need to wait for 6 months. If it doesnt work then either you haven’t been told the rules fully or it never worked.

I use a PSAR strategy for MT5 developed by 4xDev. It can check trend pivot points. It has a lot of interesting parameters. I hope this tool will be helpful to you, too.

wat is that and where is that