Trading Superstition

I know that It’s important to maintain a rational and disciplined approach to trading but have you ever seen anyone take a trading superstition too far?

There’s this thread I started before and it’s filled with a lot of the superstitions people here have. :joy: It was such a fun read! :smiley:

2 Likes

I feel like in general, traders are very logical people and I can’t imagine there being a whole bunch of them who believe in superstitions.

1 Like

It was fun and really interesting to see all the different superstitions that traders have. It just goes to show that everyone has their own unique approach to trading.

1 Like

Yeah, I get what you’re saying that most traders are pretty logical and not into superstitions. But funny enough I’ve actually seen a few traders who do have their own superstitions. It’s kinda fascinating to see how they develop these personal rituals or habits that they think will bring them luck or keep losses away.

Oh wow. What are some of these superstitions they have?

There was a thread on this forum a little while ago about astrology and trading.

sth like wearing lucky trading shorts, eating meat meals before trading… :joy:

Haha that’s entertaining! I think if you’ve come to believe in those, it probably gives you some level of confidence. :joy:

1 Like

Guess so :rofl:

In reality, there is no superstition, but some traders believe in that. Even sometimes I also think myself a jinx when I suffer losses consistently.

Even I’ve felt similar during challenging trading phases.