Trading the Dow

Now we have made a fresh low I will be looking to short in the 50-100% retracement area(shaded area). Thats it, thats all I do. nothing more complex than that.

No trade/trade cancelled. I only take trades on closing candles and no bearish candles here, price has moved beyond 100% retracement

Now we have a new high I will be looking for longs in my prefered 50-80% retracement area(shaded area)

price has hit the 1.618 extension on the initial move

Now looking for longs in the retracement area

AB=CD still no trades looking for longs in new retracement area.

long

Target is D at 17,950

Have to go out briefly cant monitor trade

The ONLY time I do not look for retracement trades is when, during a strong up(or down) trend we get support at any point, here support was obvious around 17.850.I was lucky with the stop but it was correctly placed

its like taking the trade again, stop and limit adjusted to take account of price action, stop below impulse leg, target at 1.217 of that leg, was expecting a better reaction to the Fed

Stop to just below .76 retracement

its been a long day with nothing yet on the scoreboard

+41 pips, But it took 2 hours, every painful pip, you need patience for this game, thats me done for the day, back tomoro, good luck

Analyse the 8 hour chart

Some longer term traders may have got long at the daily low looking at that chart, but I dont trade long term

Over night long target is D where AB=CD and 1.217 extension

Risk reduced

taking losses is part of the game

back to the bull market looking for longs only

5 min chart

looking for longs in 50-80% retracement area, some people call this the potential reversal zone or PRZ so I will use that term from now on