Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Record day for US stocks sent the Yen lower but oddly the US dollar rallied. Still our Top SW Trades hit some new highs before pulling back.

AUDUSD + 196 Pips
NZDUSD + 134 Pips

looks like all the currencies gained ground against both the Yen and US Dollar, no new highs for our Top Trades but both AUD and NZD recovered nicely from Wednesday’s small reversal. I have seen a lot of calls for a stronger US dollar but so far that has not happened, Until something changes, we will stay the course and bet against the dollar

1 Like

While most the market was moving sideways, our Top Trade AUDUSD manage to top +200 pips on Friday before reversing and finishing with a little pinbar reversal, With Friday’s action I would expect we could see a pullback in AUDUSD early part of the new week, but nothing to suggest a trend change.

I urge everyone to have your own trading plan and know in advance when to take profits, for me, taking some profits at the 200 pips mark is a must

2 Likes

New Zealand back on top but the Pound had the big day, GBPUSD has a beautiful long-term up-trend, Going long GBPUSD for a long-term buy makes sense here

1 Like

Good day for the Yen but our Top Trade NZDUSD hit a new high and bonus trade EURUSD looks ready to breakout

Look how Top Trade AUDUSD pulled back to and held the 200ma on the 1hr chart. You can keep your Bollinger bands, Fib levels, and any other indicator. I will take a simple 200 moving average over all of them

2 Likes

Hi Dennis,

I really enjoy your system on currency strength analysis and have learned a ton from following you. I understand the importance if the 200 Moving Average. Could you elaborate on the significance of the 34 MA?

1 Like

On the daily chart the 34 ma is a proxy for the 4hr chart 200ma

7 Likes

All of my Top Trades are breaking out to new highs, lots to talk about tonight

1 Like

An absolutely amazing week Dennis!

1 Like

Wow! so much to talk about, First GBP had a huge move today, On Monday I had recommended going long GBPUSD, had taken the trade you would have enjoyed a +250 pip move today. I will update the other Top Trades in the next post

NZD has just suffered a large “fall from grace” on a News Release… 50+ pips / 1hour

Here are the other three current Top SW Trades

First up is AUDUSD, still trending higher and topping the +250 pip mark

NZDUSD hit new high before finishing with an ugly looking Pinbar reversal, I would not want to hold after such a reversal

and finally EURUSD, yesterday I said this was ready to break out and today it happens, Now up over 400 pips for the month

including GBPUSD so far this month we have had 4 Top SW Trade buy signals to bring in a total of +1183 pips. That is a whole year of work for a lot of traders, we did it spending just a few minutes each night and never broke a sweat

Strong Weak Analysis is the way to swing trade FOREX

1 Like

Yes, a nasty Pinbar reversal on the daily chart, which is a lesson in why you need to lock in profit, I like to take profits in half my position at 200 pips and let the rest run with a break-even stop, but after that pinbar closing out is not a bad move

3 Likes

I closed out at 205!

2 Likes

From your spreadsheet, I see almost 5% difference between GBP and USD. Is this the highest difference you ever seen Denis? A difference of ~3% is usually a healthy SW trade …

This line is from June , 2016 following the Brexit vote, these can be dangerous as GBPJPY would have stayed our number one trade for many weeks as price pulled back to normal levels.

1 Like

When you said we only spent a few minutes at night to get the results .Does that mean you only look at trade right around 5 o clock

More or less, depends on my day and what else I have going on, I will either pull the numbers in the last 30 min before the close of the daily candle or I will come back after dinner and use the daily close numbers. I do most of my opening and closing of positions after dinner ( US eastern time) during the less volatile Asian session.

2 Likes

Thanks Dennis . I really like your posts. I have read most of them and have a good idea how you trade unless you are holding out on us. Ha Ha

1 Like

Big move for Swiss Franc, GBPUSD, AUDUSD and EURUSD all made new highs before pulling back, US dollar has been weak for a long time, we might need to see a pullback and a little dollar strength before pushing higher in our Top Trades

1 Like