Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Does the S&P chart above look like a nightmare to anyone, it is fear mongering like this by the news media that give me confidence that this is just your run of the mill market correction

1a

2 Likes

The US has never ended it’s World War II economy, I like to draw the comparison of the Trade Federation as seen in Star Wars Phantom Menace. Just as seen in the movie, the US likes to bully other counties with threat of military invasion for those who resist. As long the US dollar is the worlds currency it will take more then a small war to crash it

1 Like

Another day of consolidation, now less than 2% gap between 1 and 8

3 Likes

Yen retreats, US stocks rally and Top SW Trade GBPCHF is back in play

3 Likes

US dollar rallies but most of the market moved very little, I do like the USD long term

4 Likes

And that quickly the Yen is on top and will likely stay there until this correction in US stocks concludes

6 Likes

I don’t understand… Please simplify this explanation. Thank you

Here’s a link to a couple explanatory posts for you

Sorry the links don’t copy. I found this around post #1897, which was 29 days ago today.
If that is not what you are questioning, sorry for the interruption.

2 Likes

Just 8 trading days ago NZD was #8, this run-up in NZD is mostly a spike in Gold prices combined with a correction in US stocks, NZD hardly qualifies as a strong currency and NZDCHF is one I normally don’t trade but it is our new Top SW Trade and I will track it but not trade it, but if it fits your trading plan then have at it, just have a plan and know your risk. This uncertinty in the markets will likely continue until after US Elections, hopfully then we can get some direction

4 Likes

Forth new Top SW Trade in as many days, as I have warned before, when we get new SW Trades everyday that is not a good trending market. be patient the good times will return

2 Likes

Hello Dennis:
Let’s say I got a new pair today either 1&8 or 2&8 but the signal on the lower time frame is not visible yet for me to enter the trade , this can drag from a few hrs to a couple of days, sometime even a new pair comes in before that happens. When is the best time to say you can discard the waiting and move to another pair.
Can you help me out, from your point of view.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi Strays,

Most of the traders here will take my rankings and combine it with a confirmation signal, that could be a pullback, candle stick pattern, breakout … ect. Whatever works for you, also I would not be any more then two trades at any one time. once you lock in profits or have moved enough to place a breakeven stop can you look for the next trade. When we have a strong trending market you can just take the 1&8 signals as they come, but we have been is a choppy market these last few months so in times like this you need to be more selective, and grab your profits quicker.

hope this helps

7 Likes

4 Likes

CHFJPY is back on top, we are now a little positive from it’s first signal on Oct 18th, look at that beautiful pin bar that started this move lower

1 Like

Dennis–Would there have been any way to catch that pin bar to start the move using your strong weak analysis?

Absolutely not, as you can imagine, the JPY would be incredibly WEAK at that point, simply scroll back to check, September 24 was the Monday following, people oppose moving averages because they lag? this method defies all logic

2018-10-25_7-21-56

you could explore some naked trading combined with any moving average of your choice, have to be on the ball though, some skill required, even trading the actual PIN BAR on any day following would produce spectacular results (none of which are reported here)

A daily pin bar is a stand alone signal, it can serve as a confirmation when the pair finally becomes a SW trade, if the pin bar is going against your SW trade that is a good signal to end the trade

hope this helps

1 Like

He’s back and as lovable as ever

1a

6 Likes

Everyone deserve a 2nd chance.

If anybody say something that doesn’t make sense, clarification will be require. However, after further clarification, what has been said still doesn’t adds up. Then just ignore, it is not nice to demean others.

2 Likes