Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Trends end and each currency will spend time in both the #1 and #8 spot, Nothing wrong with being a contrarian trader and going against my rankings but you still need to have a entry and exit strategy.

3 Likes

Don’t worry sir. I’m not basing any of my trades off of your system. I’m just trying to see if I can utilize it as another layer of confluence to the trade setups I’m already on the lookout for. I understand your concern and I sincerely appreciate it.

1 Like

Daily close is used with the current 200 moving average to get these readings. Looks similar to Dennis’s rankings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@KiwiYen what type of trading strategy are you trying to get confluence for? Reversals? Unless trading intraday like TWB’s style mentioned above I think that using the ratings for anything else bar established trend following is very risky. IMO, generally, the contrarian position to the market/sentiment is following the ratings as most retailers keep trying to pick the reversal, which is far more difficult and likely to result in drawdown than taking the S/W positions.

Take the AUD/JPY position pre flash crash, the market sentiment was strong long as punters thought it must be out of steam and reverse soon…(and I guess it did…eventually)
Apologies if I have misinterpreted your analysis/use of it.

That said, I am trying to find ways to get in earlier and am currently analysing each trade from 2018 taking positions #1/8, #2/8 & #2/7 with max DD etc.

@Dennis3450 Thanks for all your hardwork keeping this thread going. Am a long long time reader but first time poster.

4 Likes

I trade pretty simple price action setups at S&R levels. As far as reversals, I have had good luck trading pinbar reversals but only in the direction of the larger trend. I’ve also traded H&S patterns, which is a reversal pattern, with quite a bit of success. You could say I’m a student of Nial Fuller. I only trade the daily at the NY close… Honestly, I haven’t gathered enough stats to say whether I could even use Dennis’s system to my benefit. If I notice something interesting in his system that may be applied to a trade, I take note of it. If a statistical advantage becomes apparent, I may use the system as a filter to weed out less statistically advantageous trades.

2 Likes

We’ve now traded 1 against 3 across 285+ pips and hopefully grabbed some profit from the market.
I’d have my stop not far behind this run… (I’m not in this trade…) as it’s not far from exhausted…

You can now see the power of trading the rise and fall of currency values inside these graphs…

5 Likes

“Wow. great job @Dennis3450. 3 years of investment (I read that you had done it for about 3 years on dailyfx and also on trading journal on BP) and still here. I followed @Trendswithbenefits from another topic and read a lot of comments and can not wait to follow the next updates. Sincere congratulations!!!”

P.s Thanks @Maximus_martins. I didn’t even notice that I was writing in italian. I am sorry!!

3 Likes

Translation!

“Wow. great job @Dennis3450. 3 years of investment (I read that you had done it for about 3 years on dailyfx and also on trading journal on BP) and still here. I followed @Trendswithbenefits from another topic and read a lot of comments and can not wait to follow the next updates. Sincere congratulations!!!”

1 Like

Pullback day for most of the market but not the Pound , Top SW Trade GBPJPY up over 250 pips from its entry point

4 Likes

I use Nial’s price action approach to reading charts and looking for setups

4 Likes

The GBP has gone from 2.21% to 2.78% (+0.57%) our strongest, find the one with the biggest decrease… it’s the USD today… 1.22% to 0.72% (-0.50%)… (+1.07 for the pair), so now check the GBPUSD Chart and this should indicate that a BUY opportunity exists… (GBPUSD 1H Below)

Trading 1 against 6 (GBP has strengthened from 1.63% on 22nd… USD has tumbled from (0.90%) on 22nd)… And is clearly visible and shown in the 1 Hour Chart.

GBPUSD already in an up trend and should push to higher highs over the next 12 hours…

Our ball is on the edge of the fairway… I expect the USD to keep tumbling… But the GBP is no.1… and has been strong for a while now and any weakening will see a huge reversal… it’s very still early in the Asian session… so keep a tight stop if trading this pair.

Lets see how it goes… This will be the last example, it’s easy enough to follow… Cheers

4 Likes

What website do you use to get the data to key onto the excel worksheet?

Is there a specific time of getting this data?

1 Like

maybe, easy to follow, but that chart is the worst screenshot ever, it is terrible, that’s just the truth, nothing else

Go away!!!

1 Like

Snowman how did you configure the CMSM v19.01 to comform with Finviz 1Day relative performance. please help

1 Like

I don’t, they are 2 separate things, they never meet

Here is day trading strong vs weak

And using a sneaky, low risk entry on 15M

All open trades with similar technique

1 Like

It is tempting during slow times to look for new strategies but for those with patients, SW continues to point the way. Here our current Top SW Trade is on the move again, up over 350 pips from its entry point on Feb 19. And for the benefit of you know who the max drawdown would have been 70 pips before the uptrend resumed

4 Likes

All due respect to @Dennis3450 for a wonderful thread but I hope he wont be offended if we talk about this one as it will also help other traders as well, like what Dennis always did for the past 3-5yrs.

@Trendswithbenefits, thank you trends. That was an eye opener for a lot of us. I have a few question. Do you base the movement of a pair on a weekly basis? I mean lets say for example this week, the start of trading day is the 25th. So you base the percentage movement off of the 25th results the whole week?

Next week monday is the 4th, so that would be another based day?

I hope you can understand my question.

Thank you

1 Like

Oh no I’m afraid not. As I have remembered from memory post that Dennis wants to know how others trade his SW rankings.

1 Like

Is this a reply to a troll that is yet to happen? :grinning:

1 Like