Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Some jumping around but CHF continues to lead, Friday’s top trade AUDCHF* consolidated and prior Top Trade GBPCHF* hit another new low

3 Likes

Gold is on the move, that usually means some something bad is happening in the world. NZD will normally be the play during a bull gold run, so watch for NZD to make a move here to catch up to an already moving gold market

3 Likes

USD and GBP swap places but everything else stays the same

2 Likes

This thread is focused on FOREX but don’t overlook other markets, Gold and Bitcoin two I keep a close I on and invest in

1 Like

I am certain I have seen something move similarly to that Bitcoin stuff, just can’t remember what it was.

Only jesting, it was Bitcoin.

Oil is worth a mention as well, BCO has delivered double digits in the last 2 weeks. Just about …

Yep, the exponential price increase very closely resembles what it did at the end of 2017. If it continues, this week could well end at $15000+. I guess the question is whether it will continue to grow, or will the short sellers come in and push it all the way back down again…

Yen took a big hit today, I would expect to see stocks way up on a drop in Yen but not today

1 Like

I would invite you to pull up a chart of the Nasdaq and the year 2000 bull run and crash, sure looks a lot like this Bitcoin chart. If we continue to follow the Nasdaq chart look for another pullback possible all the way back to 4000 and that is when the big run will happen

All I know is if 5 years ago I had listen to the Bitcoin people instead on the Gold people and invested 5% of my net worth in Bitcoin and not Gold, I would be a millionaire many times over

2 Likes

Hello Dennis:

I was wondering if you can share an excel/google sheet with your past rankings from 2018 & 2019 (or till the point since your last changed anything in the way you calculated it).

As you have posted on several occasions, your S/W Analysis is solid foundation for a strategy & not the strategy itself.

I have been trying to code an EA with your work as the foundation (ie, when ranking change start with pairs & crosses from 1 to 3 & 6 to 8 along with diff above X %). then after that start trading based on another strategy.

This file data would tremendously help in back testing by just feeding it to the EA, and adjusting the rules based on the testing results.
Am confident that it will also help other ppl in the thread who are interested in testing with the same methods for trend following strategies.
Thanks a mil,

a week or two ago when the market started to rotate I said the CAD looked like it might be the play and here it is at #1

2 Likes

here it is , 8 days ago, wish I had taken my own advise

1 Like

I went long CADJPY, and it looked promising, the four days later I took a small loss because it no longer looked promising. I’d be up 90 pips had I stayed.

That said, I went long CAD by going short USDCAD around the same time. That one is still going, and I’m up 103 pips so far.

1 Like

Love hearing these stories, Short USDCAD was clearly the play, do you have a profit target, or how will you know when to cash in

1 Like

There appear to be two support levels of interest.

I’ve got a TP between the two. I’ll watch what CAD and USD are doing when it hits the first level. Maybe keep it going; maybe close out, or maybe take partial profits.

and let the rest run, good plan.

Looks like USDCAD bounced at the 1.3059 support level. There are a couple of hammer candlesticks. Also looks like NZD is taking over the #1 slot. Finally, although CAD still seems to be strong, USD is growing in strength. So, I decided to take my 105+/- pip profit and reconsider again next week.

sweet thread…i do the same on Oanda’s currency strength online calculator…I write down the 4v4 currency pairs with direction of the last year, last month and last week

Then isolate the common pairs direction between last year with last month and last month with last week

Then I enter when the 4h Ichimoku’s chikou span is above cloud and price AND price is above clouds for longs AND is far from Monthly or Weekly support resistance produced by chikou span’s bounces. Vice versa for shorts.

I exit when previous paragraph gets false.

I rewrite down the 4v4s on Monday’s Frankfurt open.

3 Likes

Market rotation as expected, Currencies look ready for risk on move in the markets

Russell 2K is a great example of Risk On trade activity, Russell had been dragging behind the other Indexes but then we see a strong daily move on Thursday and Friday, In a Risk On trading environment you would expect to see Nasdaq and Russell leading the way