Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

AUDJPY was at the time the top SW trade, with more than 2% spread. We shouldn’t get too bogged down with the minutiae of the calculations. Also note that the snapshots that I posted in Dennis’ absence were taken from an EA, so the values and positions are constantly changing, and not necessarily at taken at 5pm EST. But they were taken at a constant time.

1 Like

Hello! Ngula_Kalili I agree with you regard the calculations, however, I want to tell you that I have a diferent order ranking last week with euro and nzd, and that because the broker had diferent values at the same candlestick. I don’t know if this is relevant (I’m learning how to trade with W/S reading this post) but this situation make me be alert about possible differences in the readings that my broker offers in comparation with others brokers.
Do you recomend to check the calculations at least with 2 brokers? Or what broker do you use?

Thanks to everyone wich post in this thread. It has a valuable and practical information.
Best

small pullback day

3 Likes

I personally do not think that the differences are important: everyone who comes here asks why their values are different from what Dennis gets.
What is important is that you remain consistent. If you have your own ranking system, then stick to it. If you use Dennis’ then stick to that. Once in a while you may have variances as to the order and values, but that could be due to a number of reasons:

Broker quotes
Time of day
Calculation method you use
Etc.

Find a source you are confident in, and stick to it.

4 Likes

hi dennis, thank you for sharing over the past years. are you able to share your excel sheet with me? i would like to try to come up with a few strategies. thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

slow day but all our GBP trades were up on the day

1 Like

Another slow day, Top Trade GBPJPY did cross the +200 pip mark

2 Likes

Top SW Trade from Sept 5th is back on top GBPNZD, if you took this trade you would have had to suffer through a 250 pip drawdown put if you stayed with it you would be up over 500 pips today

3 Likes

Top Trade GBPNZD hit another new high Friday, but closed with a pretty good reversal, Yen was up against all currencies and could be ready to make another run at #1, It might be worth looking at long term Top Trade NZDJPY, if NZD stays weak and JPY runs to number one this pair would be a nice one to be sitting short

2 Likes

As noted , Yen continues its march higher as the rest of the market contracts

Hey dennis. Can u please explain to me how calculate the percentage strong weak!

It was an up and down day with most prices finishing the day close to where they started. US stocks were the big story as they took a pretty big hit as the War Mongers in Washington try to force the US into war with Iran over a False Flag event, so far President Trump is saying no to war, We should all give the President our 100% support on this one issue

2 Likes

@bebs, It is one of the first few posts of the thread.

Click on post counter and you will be able to scroll back quickly

I dont see the post counter… where is it?

Just to the left of this. It’s at 3206.

The Kiwi found some strength today?!

Up day for presious metals is usely good for Kiwi

Johnny do u have the videos

Can u send me the videos pls?

USD showed some life today as US stocks rallied