Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Did you ever get this as I have them if you still wish?

Dennis, how long are you holding a pair once it becomes the “top” one? Would you have open positions in NZDJPY, AUDNZD, NZDCAD, and NZDUSD until they hit a trailing stop?

Thanks

we have not had a move like this in a while, congrats to everyone holding the Pound, YTD GBP is the number 1 currency in 2019

1a

2 Likes

I don’t trade every pair Strong Weak gives us, and my own rule is to take half profits at 100 pips then let the rest run with a beakeven stop. At some point we must take profit on the rest and for that I will look for reversals to signal the ride is over, if it is a counter trend trade I am more app to take profits early. When I am taking trades using profits from other trades I can be a bit more agressive with my trades but that is just me.

2 Likes

Good day, Dennis & all the other guy’s for the assistance over a few years, I have just started live trades with the Looney & been successful so far, but i have notice dthat the returns on some pairs that reach No1 giv much better returns than others, my question,( seeing that some of us have limited funds), is there a way for sorting the better NZD pairs than the other, thus improving returns

Also a special thanks to Dennis for sharing the system so willing and helpfull with his knowledge & advice.
Enjoy the weekend.

3 Likes

We enter the last two weeks of the year with our top currency of the year back at #1

2 Likes

…and a whopping +3% diff, too…

2 Likes

If you are looking to be a one pair trader I would stay with AUDNZD, lots of back and forth action

1a

1 Like

Another thing I would reccomend is using the Average True Range tool. Using data to see how much a pair moves per week/month add additional insight into Targets. For example over the past year…AUDNZD moves around 120 pips per week and 250 per month vs GBPJPY in a week 300 and 700 over a monthly time period. With that said, you’d adjust your risk management accordingly to offset the difference.

1 Like

Santa rally is in high gear with stocks hitting all-time highs and our SW top trades doing pretty well too

2 Likes

Today’s action would suggest the run on the Pound is over for the short term,

1 Like

late day action in NZD, let’s see how things look once emotions clear the market

The market is back in consolidation mode and GBP continues to fall following the pro-Brexit elections, this is one of those sell the news type moves

1 Like

Am I correct to think that the buy trade on NZD/JPY was entered somewhere around the 7100.0 mark and will remain in that market until the price pulls back to the 200 MA?

except for the drop in the Pound, the whole market seems to be in a holding pattern, with Christmas week upon us I don’t expect to see much change

for my own trading a breakeven stop after topping 100 pips, we could still see more upside in this pair

Thank you Dennis. NZD/JPY is now the buy trade?

GBP continues its move lower giving us GBPNZD short as our new Top Trade, Chart below is a two year look at this pair and a move below 1.8500 is possible, that is 1000 pips from here, know your risk before jumping in on this, GBP is in the news a lot these days and can reverse at the drop of a hat

2 Likes

Not much action today and markets are now closed until tomorrow evening, my next update will be after Thursday’s close.

Everyone have a Happy and Safe Christmas

1a

5 Likes