Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

can you add silver to this as Silver has been out performing gold for a few weeks now

1 Like

@Dennis3450, I tested this a few weeks back (after @Makneel’s original post) to see if it has any real world trading significance…

While it can be used… It really has to be formulated with the quote currency (say USD, CHF, EUR) to give Metals, Gas, Oils etc. movement inside the matrix…

The other issue is unless your broker offers multiple Silver and Gold pairs ie: XAUEUR, XAUCHF, XAUAUD, XAUJPY etc. (fortunately my Broker does) It is of limited value when applied to a strategy.

The high percentage the high value of these pairs generate has to be addressed in some way as well, which is the reason these pairs need to be calculated against it’s quote currency.

@makneel, your concept is outside of the box thinking, fantastic to see… :+1: :+1:

Do not follow the crowds…

1 Like

Hey @makneel, I have a graphics application that I cut and paste either Dennis’s matrix or my matrix into where I am able to overlay with notes, lines, formulas etc… I release completed months of Dennis’s data overlaid with the currencies “telltale tracks”… See Here

Offers a proactive approach when applying Limit or Stop positions…hence my trading inside the graph…

Edit… GBPJPY should be next No.1 trade…

2 Likes

I posted in awhile ago but seems to be a lot of new users, if you want a chart version that shows this indicator graphically (and allows you to see at a glance when currencies are gaining or losing strength) I created one on TradingView. Just search for the indicator called Relative Strength v JPY or you can find it at https://www.tradingview.com/script/3LoiU6iP-Relative-Strength-v-JPY/.

You’ll need to open it on a 4H timeframe and expand out the indicator pane to see it.

3 Likes

Top Trade EURUSD gives gave us a classic reentry at the 200 ma on the one hour chart, GBPUSD is looking like the EURUSD and should be moving higher after a pullback

1 Like

Keeping my eye on EURUSD we had second testing of the 200 ma on the 1hr chart, now if we can get that 1hr close above 1.8000 I feel good about this going higher

1a

1 Like

GBPUSD is now positive after the pullback

1a

1 Like

a little more consolidation, GBP and EURO look ready to break higher

I hope you own some silver,

2 Likes

Silver has gone parabolic

1 Like

Instead of getting our breakout move we saw both Euro and Pound pullback against the dollar, My normal charting service is down for maintenance so I can’t update my rankings but these two charts below should tell the story.

3 Likes

Note; I will be traveling this weekend and into next week, my next update to this thread will be Wednesday

3 Likes

NZDUSD still @200ma H4, hope may regain strength.

5 Likes

Safe travels

1 Like

still gbp and gold uptrend intact.

1 Like

I am back, it does not look like a missed much as we consolidate

1a

Here is where we stand compared to Friday, Top 3 and Bottom 3 have not changed

2 Likes

hi Dennis,
This is silver h1 chart, as it has strongly broken 200sma in h1 on 11/08/20. So we have to wait to buy near h4 200sma or sell near 200sma h1. Or i am missing something.

1 Like

Hey Dennis,

I cobbled together the SW Ratings and Rankings for last week (when you were away).

The numbers are correct — they’re your numbers, just copied and pasted together.

SW - Dennis - 2020.08.07

2 Likes

New Zealand has finished it’s 3-week fall from #1 , both EURNZD and GBPNZD look interesting

1a

3 Likes

No big changes, top three and bottom remain the same, Top Trades EURNZD and GBPNZD are positive and up in early Monday trading

2 Likes