Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

hi fok, I have mentioned last week pips and trades from 14 to 18 sept data only.

I’m watching out for toptrades for next week.

1 Like

Thanks for information, still makes no sense to me, but each to there own

Hey @makneel, nice extended CSW and Trade spreadsheet. I understand how it works.

You appear to be getting caught too many times by the reversal once a top pair has exhausted its trend.

Something to trial is forego the 2% rule on a pair and trade within the matrix as demonstrated here.

An example is the JPY which has strengthened on the 11th across to the 14th, 15th… (Strong) and EUR which had weakened from the 11th across to the 14th, 15th… (Weak) confirmed by the cross below the JPY, presenting a shorting opportunity on the 14th/15th which can be seen well before the pair possibly moves to the extremes of the matrix.

This opportunity isn’t displayed in last weeks S/Sheet and a Short position on Tuesday 15th would have garnished ~220 pips over the following 2 days…

Trial it on a Demo… It allows opportunities which can complement your existing strategy.

I see you have been in this thread for quite a while and maybe already aware of this strategy.

1 Like

The Yen was the weeks big mover but New Zealand is hanging tough

2 Likes

Looks like GBP keeps getting comfortable with the last place lol…

1 Like

Lets get ready for the whole week

1 Like

When daily bias and overall bias goes in the same direction.

3 Likes

How about others that both have the same daily bias with overall bias?

If there is a possible setup to go long/short, then go grab it.

Thanks, Just wonder why USDJPY and etc were not included earlier but I get what you mean. Cheers mate.

I just missed USDJPY on that post tho

What the hell guys??? The GBPJPY… -3.21%, the largest percentage on @Jahruhay’s template including both daily & overall bias indicating a major short opportunity and no one’s even mentioned it…

Up 150+ pips in the last 4 hours… My post from 6 hours ago…

1 Like

JPY bought against all pairs this morning…missed that.They all dropped a whole lot of pips.

1 Like

2020-09-21_6-47-07

Yen pairs are all red to start the week, US stocks are set to open down about 2%. What I will be looking for is a reversal in stocks, then will see if that carries over to the currencies. The lesson here is don’t chase these moves, have a plan and stick to it

3 Likes

Huge Stop/Liquidity (Tree Shake) hunt on all JPY pairs on the New York open confirms these pairs are heading South.

1 Like

after last week’s move in the Yen and continued weak stock market it should be no surprise we have a new #1, GBPJPY short is our new Top Trade and only 2 weeks after being our #1 trade on the long side. If you trade the GBPJPY know that this pair can easily run several hundred pips in a day, it is great if you are on the right side of the trade but can ruin your year when on the wrong side

4 Likes

Should we record Monday close price for GBPJPY at 134.15 ?

ADR (20) is 143, so…

How about Sell Limit at 134.85 and at 135.55

Just because…

We are already working on a Pinbar reversal in the GBPJPY short, but if you are a day trader you could have bagged 100 pips on this trade and taken the rest of the day off, for us longer-term traders we will need to see how the day finishes but having a Sell Stop 100 pips below our entry point on half of your position is a good strategy for locking in profits