Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

2020-09-21_6-47-07

Yen pairs are all red to start the week, US stocks are set to open down about 2%. What I will be looking for is a reversal in stocks, then will see if that carries over to the currencies. The lesson here is don’t chase these moves, have a plan and stick to it

3 Likes

Huge Stop/Liquidity (Tree Shake) hunt on all JPY pairs on the New York open confirms these pairs are heading South.

1 Like

after last week’s move in the Yen and continued weak stock market it should be no surprise we have a new #1, GBPJPY short is our new Top Trade and only 2 weeks after being our #1 trade on the long side. If you trade the GBPJPY know that this pair can easily run several hundred pips in a day, it is great if you are on the right side of the trade but can ruin your year when on the wrong side

4 Likes

Should we record Monday close price for GBPJPY at 134.15 ?

ADR (20) is 143, so…

How about Sell Limit at 134.85 and at 135.55

Just because…

We are already working on a Pinbar reversal in the GBPJPY short, but if you are a day trader you could have bagged 100 pips on this trade and taken the rest of the day off, for us longer-term traders we will need to see how the day finishes but having a Sell Stop 100 pips below our entry point on half of your position is a good strategy for locking in profits

all red again but nothing like yesterday, this could be short-lived if the US Federal Reserve comes in with more stimulus ( Money Printing )

Top Trade GBPJPY* up as much as +107 pips today,

2 Likes

And here comes the Pound roaring back

on a day that sees the stock market selloff, we would expect big losses in the AUDUSD and that is what we got

2 Likes

Work in progress for new template :slight_smile: Any changes let me know.

2020-09-24 12_51_18-Start

2 Likes

Remember not long ago GBPAUD* gave us 500 pips, well it has now gone 600 pips in the other direction, but what has my attention is the price action at the 200 ma on the 4hr chart, Big green candle up and through the 200 followed by an equally big red candle back below the 200. I am not suggesting anyone go short here but from a pure technical play we should see price head lower, lets revisit this one tomorrow

5 Likes

AUD continues to be the weak one here and could take the #8 spot shortly , everyone else is just moving sideways

2 Likes

We end the week with a new TOP Trade , for AUDJPY* to be a winning trade we will need another week of US stock market weakness

1 1

2 Likes

Good day for US stocks means our weakest currencies also had a good start to the week

2 Likes

Yen pairs all had another good day, clearly, we are seeing a change in trend from last week

Daily % move
1a

Finally, September is over. Mix day with Commodity currencies leading the way

Daily moves

1a

Looks very good. Thanks

The day is nearly complete and commodity currencies are still leading the way

2 Likes

Look for NZD to take over the #1 spot soon, Yen and USD have been weakening all week

2 Likes