Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Simply put… Everything that goes up must come down and vice versa😊

1 Like

14th August 2020

1 Like

Ill be the first to tell if the world ends tomorrow :wink:

1 Like

Certainly is… My software was indicating over a week ago that the market was trading into the Strength of the Currencies. This usually happens when market/trading volumes are low…

Maybe… Sell in May and Go Away

1 Like

We had follow-through in AUD giving us a new Top Trade GBPAUD*, with the Pound breaking down shorting GBPAUD looks like a good trade

1a

3 Likes

4 of 5 days last week gave us a new Top Trade, this is what happens when you get a consolidating market,

1a

4 Likes

[Gold Prices Extend Higher on Chinese Demand Boost.
Gold prices edged higher as Treasury yields fell.
China has given banks permission to import large amount of gold to meet domestic demand ahead of the “Golden Week” holiday.

Who Cares How Many Children Traders Have? China Does!
Brokers who exited China and did not create wholly-owned subsidiaries of their own now look vindicated

The Eurozone continues to grapple with high Covid rates and many parts of Western Europe are under lockdown. In the UK, a successful vacccine rollout has led to further easing in health restrictions.

Wasn’t USD #1 just a week ago?, counter-trends moves can be an account killer

1a

4 Likes

CADCHF a month ago was our Top Trade to the long side, now it is our Top Trade on the short side, it only gave us 96 pips on the long side, maybe it will do better this time but be careful as the market is still in zigzag mode

1a

3 Likes

so the 200 MA is from H4, my i ask what time frame you look for an entry?

Hi Dennis - Nice analysis as ever, many thanks.

As I’ve mentioned in the past I do a rough and ready visual strong/weak analysis of the 8 major currencies based on their chart 50EMA slopes. I don’t say my shallow approach is better than yours, in fact it normally tallies closely on a day to day basis.

But recently, I am getting differing results as to the S/W pair, and this could be significant. What it suggests to me is that the market has gone out of its normal modes of behaviour. What I mean is that hardly any pairs are making daily price moves in the direction of their underlying trends. That score was only 41% last week and 39% the week before. So far this week it has been only 29%. I am severely limiting my usual trend-following trading right now.

1 Like
2 Likes

Several trending pairs have reversed, as seen in today’s newest SW pair …

1 Like

Thankyou brother

1 Like

What happened with USDCAD?
Canadian Dollar (CAD) Spikes as Bank of Canada (BoC) Tapers QE

1 Like

Yesterday the market zigged today it zags, NZD and Gold are rising together if that means anything

1a

5 Likes

It was just bait for the whales :whale:

1 Like

So was today a zig or a zag, I have lost track , in any case, I am sitting on the sideline until this market makes up its mind

1a

4 Likes