Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

How do you determine those Daily SW values tho?

1 Like

Mostly I use Dennis’s values but since we are with different brokers position of the values slightly differ.

How I get my Daily SW values;

27 Aug - Position 1 is CHF and Position 8 AUD. Since AUD is the weakest and CHF is the strongest I do 1-8 = -7
So the value of AUDCHF becomes -7. Number 7 means that is the strongest pair for that day, and (-) indicates the direction that I should be trading this pair.

26 Sep - NZD (1) & CHF (8) - Hence NZDCHF gets = +7 (7 indicates strongest pair and + is the buy direction)

5 Likes

Thank you for this one, in your previous post, it has different values right? i can see 4.5 and 5.5 values in there.

Sorry if I confused you

This is my daily SW sheet - this sheet is bit messy for me to figure out what is important (colors are all over the place)

Then I take these values and feed it through a formula to smoothen the noise. And now when I look that color clusters shows me the truly trending pairs and which are correlated.

P.S. - You don’t need these fancy stuff to trade to be honest - all you need is a line.

I am pretty good with excel and my 9-5 is on excel and putting things in this order helps me to visualize the market. One trader said “What if we take things that work in other fields and apply to the market and see what it spits out?” hence in here I am applying what I am good at. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

CADJPY - Violent move back up to the TL

Just to confirm, the formulas to get the values on both excels are different, is that right?

Correct. Two different formulas

so it will hit 1.64 range again?

A down Friday for NZD allowed USD to claim the #1 spot, Now looking at AUDUSD as our Current SW leader, we see this may be a continuation of the signal from June. As this is one of the pairs I trade I will be looking to take a new position later today

Look at how tight this market is, any one of the Eight could be #1 this time tomorrow. This all works against our SW trades as our trends are weak and short-lived.

1a

5 Likes

Barely a 1% diff between top and bottom, Dennis, when we like to see 2%+

1 Like

Dennis, your observation is right. That explains why my top trade would be short AUD/NZD (still), then short AUD/USD or short GBP/NZD (where did that one come from?).

1 Like

At this moment I really can’t say… If we can break above current flag (pink trend line). There will be tones of stop losses accumulating above this trend line so it will make sense to hunt those first and then reach 1.64.

This reversal signal will be Critical for EUR. :thinking:

EURUSD - Graph

It took JPY like 4 days to go from #1 to 8

There are no real trends,just a lot of back and forth movement, I am not a day trader but this is a safe market if you ever wanted to try it

1a

5 Likes

Hey Gator, hope all is well.
The Ever Salutating VIPER

1 Like

Dayum, last post was 1 year ago! Welcome back!

1 Like

Big down day for US stocks which explains our strong US dollar but the rest of the market was mixed with a big down day for the Pound

1a

4 Likes

EURGBP :rocket:

1 Like

Watching this - USDCAD… :thinking:

2 Likes

Finally Ive been able to keep the profits consistent using S/W and price action.
Been through so much hell with forex and now I have less emotion while trading.
The last part is the greatest achievement and maybe the last part of the puzzle.
We’ll see whats next :smiley:
Hey thank you Dennis for keeping this thread going.
Provides lots of inspiration.

2 Likes