Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Looks like another strong move to finish off the week, look at your weekly charts, we have not seen moves like this in a long time, now the question is, is there more to come or are we seeing a blowoff move. The last candle in a big move is usually the largest and this one is pretty large

1a

1 Like

When you join the trend early.
Happy ending for the week.
If my boss only knew. :smiley:

3 Likes

Your boss could be a member here. It could be me…

4 Likes

Aye aye :wink: Many bosses here, but the greatest is captain Dennis aka strong/weak :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag:

2 Likes

Very cool mate

2 Likes

I was up a big 8 percent last week being up the yen pairs …took profits last week I will reevaluate.

2 Likes

We have all three risk-on currencies now leading the way. If you are not already in and have locked in some profits you don’t want to be the last one at the party and have to clean up

Are the 2020’s going to look like the 1920’s , so far it is shaping up that way, Just remember how that ended and watch your back

1a

5 Likes

In my analysis, the AUD was the big winner really moving up so it may be one to keep an eye on and yen of course was a big fat loser!!!

1 Like

I went to cash. I have found being up that much in the past usually usually there is a drawdown to your account.

1 Like

It was a mixed day and a small pullback in top trade CADJPY, anyone else sees a pattern here

1 Like

A nice and clean price continuation pattern. Up and up we go!

1 Like

Resting day for the market, everything finished close to its opening price

1a

4 Likes

I went back long Cadjpy and Audjpy on the pull back

Can you share a chart to show how you judged the pullback?

Dennis often mentions a pullback on the 1-hour chart to the 200 SMA

But with Monday lower than ADR price action, can’t be that method

I’m sure we could all learn something.

I could not see any good option for a day trade even though I was watching gbpaud, nzdchf, and gbpnzd. Then I found some on the indices and stocks:

I guess you don’t use SW analysis for day trades given the pairs you have just listed …

Strong/Weak comes in different flavors, but your view of the market is also important.
Just because my preferred style is day-trading, I like to compare Dennis his rankings with intraday’s strong-weak as seen on Finviz. I have to admit it’s not easy, but repetition and improvement will eventually pay off. Harry Kane has done the same thing again and again. Isn’t it?

As you can see on Dennis rankings AUD is much stronger than GBP and it went down, so you decide! :wink:

Well, I am not a day trader and hold trades as long asthe market will have me. Audjpy is looking great, would not get in now and cadjpy seems to be coiling. I am trying to visualize will it go higher or lower and to me it wants to go higher. I still want to see where the bar closes for the day however it has broken out of a triple bottom so in my mind the market has bottomed until i see a top which I dont see yet.

Risk-on trade is on fire as AUD takes a slim lead at the top, looking at AUDJPY, it looks like a breakout

1a

5 Likes

EURAUD - Daily