Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

No.

The number you see is the distance to 200 sma H4 divided by price. It goes straight into the table.

It is the third (lowest) number on my usdjpy chart above.

:rofl: My mistake, I was looking at other pairs, DOH

So the other 2 numbers don’t show?

And it has to be on 4 Hour or Daily chart?

Thanks

The other 2 numbers don’t show.

It is on the 4 hour chart, because that is what Dennis uses.

Happy to help… I put forward these concepts to educate less experienced traders…

Also have a look at extending the CCI/RSI/Money Flow Indicators by smoothing the periods and adding high’s and low’s… Effectively converting them from OB / OS Indicators into Momentum Indicators.

I only had the SMA200 and Price Level displayed on the chart to show the formula…
It is better to have it displayed away from chart operations so you can be sure of the accuracy.

I use the Ctrader Platform… Sorry, I cannot help with the MT4/5 Indicators…

Good to see some adopting the additional trend verification strategy.

Edit: (+15 Hours)
Another rule that Dennis applied early on to his strategy was only trade the pairs that have a 2% or greater variation. I apply this loosely when trading within the Matrix.

To show how this should be taken into account, I’ll demonstrate an example from the 22/6 SWA Rankings…

(See Above) The GBP (3.08%) had crossed above the NZD (2.57%) on the 22nd June… A Buy opportunity on the GBPNZD… Momentum was wanning but still positive…

I opened a Long position (1.952 level) on this pair only to be caught in constant whipsawing on the 2 and 4 hour timeframes…

So now you see a trade that has effectively failed, I still have the position open… But it ties up crucial margin and SWAP while you are waiting for the position to confirm a direction… (1.958 level close…)

As of the 23/06 the GBP has weakened by 0.96% and the NZD has decreased by 0.98%… So this pair has effectively been ranging for 24 hours even though a cross was confirmed by the SWA Strategy.

Take note of the percentage values… Going up or down and a pairs difference from Dennis’s data…

Apologies for such a long winded explanation. :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

1a

3 Likes

Please how can I get your Momentum Indicator on the cTrader platform?

Hi @efam. The Momentum Indicator and the Price ROC Indicator (same) is included with the desktop version (Free) of Ctrader.

They can be found under the Oscillator Indicators (See pic below)

Start with the settings as shown above. Don’t hesitate to fine tune the Periods and Levels to improve the filtering. Some pairs will require slight changes depending on volatility.

Hope this helps with your trading.

1 Like

Nice rally on Friday has us ending the week about where we began

1a

1a2

3 Likes

only thing moving today is oil

1a

This trendline is telling us higher oil prices are coming

3 Likes

No change

1a

4 Likes

All green, Top Trade CHFJPY is breaking out to new highs

1a

1a2

2 Likes

Stocks selloff, staying long Top SW trades remains the safe play

1a

6 Likes

Stocks turn negative heading for 5th down day in a row, but Top Trade CHFJPY hits a new high

1a

1 Like

Another winning day for the Swiss Franc, up over 600 pips from its entry signal, I don’t normally trade the Franc and I passed on this trade ( idiot me!), but would love to hear from those who did take this trade

1a

5 Likes

We end June with an all red day

1a

1a2

4 Likes

I am traveling and forgot my computer, would one of you post the current rankings

Thanks

My spreadsheet shows no changes in rankings as of Friday’s close - BUT - although my rankings agree at least 90% with the S/W tables, I’m using a different approach.

2 Likes

Here you go:

3 Likes

Is not AUD the weakest and the difference 4.1 ?

1 Like

That’s correct AUD is the weakest and the variance is 4.1. Definitely an error

1 Like