Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I feel like a broken record, market keeps consolidating, we did get a pretty good move in EURUSD

Pound regains the top spot but consolidation continues

I am watching EURUSD, after a 4 day up move price stopped dead at the 4hr 200 ma. I am not seeing any kind of a reversal candle on any time frame, so this looks like a normal market pull back and I would expect price to resume its up move this time breaking past the 200 ma

1 Like

Another week, same story, markets continue to consolidate. Don’t force it, if the trade is not there be patient we will have more good runs in do time

2 Likes

New Top SW Trade long USDCAD, this is another counter-trend trade, I am going to pass on this one

1 Like

Top SW Trade USDCAD did give us a +74 pip move today, but then reversed and is giving us a bearish pin bar reversal. The rest of the market remains in this unnatural tight consolidation, I have looked at my charts going back to beginning of 2016 and cannot find a period where market is this tight

1 Like

Did we just see the end to market low volatility, Big surge higher today in all Yen pairs as DOW blows past 23,000

I hope you took my warning on the pin bar reversal in USDCAD, We have another Top SW Trade USDCHF, this is not one I normally trade but chart is looking good, we have a clear double bottom and now price is trying to break through the 200 ma, we get above that moving average and this has room to run, and the CHF peg to the Euro seems to be over

New Zealand got killed today, moving the USDNZD back into the Top SW Trade, but this is not a new signal as USDNZD was a Top Trade back on October 10th, but as you can see by chart below we had a big pullback then today’s move but the trade on the positive side

Here is a wild one for you, GBPNZD was my Top SW Trade back on September 14, hit a high of +192 pips, has zig zag in and out of the profit zone for the past month and with today’s dive in the New Zealand dollar, GBPNZD has hit a new high of +232, that from a pair that is currently 7th and 8th on my SW rankings

this is a wild an unpredictable market, but my Top SW Trades more times than not find a way to win

We might be finally breaking out of this consolidation, US Dollar looks to be the leader in this move so that is how we will play, Head and Shoulder top in EURUSD could be a big player in this Dollar strength

Here is my weekly review of my Top Strong Weak Trades

1 Like

Strong day for the yen as the market once again tightens, Top SW Trade NZDUSD move lower before pulling back giving us a new pip total of +138

Top SW Trade short NZDUSD continues to move lower adding to our pip total now + 183

Good morning Denis

holding this Kiwi trade open if it is going sideways is going to get expensive - have you ever had to close one of these comdolls due to interest rate differentials eating into your margin ?

You are talking about the Roll, it is always nice if it is working in your direction but it is such a small amount I do not let it influence my trades. If it is affecting your margin then you may be trading too big a position

1 Like

Another big move for Top SW Trade from Sept 14th, GBPNZD now up +788

Just shows patients pay’s

Yen moved up a bit but that had little effect on my Top SW Trades

Here is a run down of my last 5 Top SW Trades at there highs today
USDCHF +124 Pips
USDCAD +300 Pips
GBPCHF +229 Pips
GBPAUD +262 Pips
NZDUSD +209 Pips

I would say that is a pretty good win percentage

1 Like

Dennis,

One thing I’m coming across is that my brain gets tired after looking at so many charts…Do you simply look at a pair once they move on the currency ranking? I’m currently watching the major pairs and that’s about my limits right now.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,
The 8 majors make up 28 pairs if you try to watch all of them you will be a basket case. Best traders only trade 2 or 3 pairs some only one. Now you could just let my Strong Weak Rankings give you your trades, or you could have a small list of pairs and let my SW rankings tell which are the best trades from your list. Whatever way you choose, stick with it.

Good luck

2 Likes

Quote of the Day

By Bruce Lee

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

Now imagine how good of a trader you would be if you traded just one trade setup 10,000 times

6 Likes

Here are my current SW rankings, I will be back later with a rundown of all my Top SW Trades,