Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Didn’t trade it but had it marked. Target is the trend line above.

3 Likes

M30 Scalp, Flag > MACD Divergence > Break Out > Flag

*Dont trade below 4H, but had time to mark these over the weekend.

3 Likes

One more trade for the day. A bear flag in a downward channel with MACD Divergence. :grinning:

3 Likes

HI @Sbrandi,

What is that EA on the upper right corner of your chart?

1 Like

It is an indicator, I took the logic from Dennis’s excelsheet and had it programmed, so I dont have to worry about filling the excel sheet every time. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

where do you source the data? from within MT4?

1 Like

Not much changed from yesterday, GBPNZD did hit a new closing low, it is all about Pound weakness.

6 Likes

Hear, hear!

Every time Mrs May speaks I make some more money.

Order ! Order!

4 Likes

Hi Dennis. I’m new to Babypips and have struggled to make my trading dream happen. Straight off the bat I’ve had the best trading result I’ve had in years - your GBPNZD sell… 260 pips so far. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing. It has been a real struggle but your daily info is a big help. I shall look forward to developing my strategy using your fundamental basis, which I believe is the way you suggest? Any other suggestions welcome! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Suggestion: don’t confuse bear market with brains :smiley:

@Dennis3450 This is very interesting - thanks! I have been trying to figure out a system for Strong-Weak analysis. This looks like a great starting place.

I notice the JPY has been consolidating for about 2 years, so your assumption of a constant JPY against which to compare the other currencies looks good enough to get the job done.

What modifications will you make when the JPY starts trending again?

Also, how did you choose the 33.3 day SMA for your analysis?

2 Likes

Please note, makes no difference in the result by using a different base currency, WOW, think of how to exploit the market if that was not true. We could compute a table for each currency, now that would be spectacular method.

Alas, not to be, see posts 1487 and 1488 at June 6 as it has been done, or if you already have the formula, please test for yourself and show the results, good luck :slight_smile:

I see this with every new reader, they want a day trading strategy, and this method is anything but for use during a single day of trading.

There are far better resources than this simple spreadsheet to find which currencies are strong and weak on the day.

A trade I was watching, lets see if USD can move up in the ranks.

2 Likes

GBPUSD Following EURUSD ?, lets see how correlation plays out.

2 Likes

Rising wedge and a Bear flag on EURNZD, imagine lower time frame traders getting caught in wrong side of the market on these false short counter trend moves. :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Rising Wedge and a Bear Flag on GBPNZD and Bear Flag and Rising Wedge on EURNZD, coincidence? Probably not :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Logsy,
I was there with you a few years ago, day trading and watching my account balance grind low. It is when I started trading off of daily signals and matching strong to weak currencies that everything started to click. This is no holy grail and we still have to be discipline in our trade decisions but I have found no better foundation to build a profitable trading account.

thanks for the kind words and keep collecting those pips
Dennis

3 Likes

None needed, I have been tracking Strong Weak for about 6 years now and the Yen remains the ideal base currency in all market conditions.

3 Likes

similar to how I trade, patterns are my friend lol

2 Likes