Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

and here is our expected short covering rally, Pound is strongest on the day. I am not seeing anything I want to jump into at this time

as long as the low’s hold the worse is over

little by little the market is coming back

June month end, and what a month it was, Pound remains weak, rest of the market continues to retrace last weeks move. Note; the loan default issue with Spain, Italy and Greece have not been resolved, the EU has just kicked the can down the road, so when this issue resurface , expect the Euro to decline and the Pound to surge as it will no longer have the burden of propping up these countries

Here is all the Yen pairs YTD, Clearly the Yen is the big winner in the first half of the year, will it continue the second half, stay tuned

I have not gone on a rant about how I hate stop loss orders in a while, here a unexpected pin bar reversal close my position for a loss, how I hate stop losses. Often I will use mental stops, this one I went with a normal stop loss order and got burned

I missed this one, weak counter trend move then bounce off 200 ma on 1hr chart. These are like printing money if you can catch them

Here is another one, this time the 200 ma served as support.

last one, here is EURAUD, this would had been good for over 100 pips

Here is my weekly market review video, Gold and Silver is where the action is.

Happy 4th of July everyone

I like to consider currency strength individually as well sometimes and trade the strongest against the weakest.
You only consider the 1d bar and look back only 1 day to get your daily figure?

I like to do a lot of scalping and always imagined becoming a bit more of a LT trader, wish I had the ability to stay in trades for weeks :slight_smile: and I hate SL orders too, only reason anyone places a stop loss order is because they want to secure a loss…hehe!

On the day, Yen was weakest, as a group commodity currencies had another nice up day, with this I would expect when US markets open tomorrow morning we see a gap open higher in stocks , gold and silver

Hi rrram2, My rankings are based on price related to the 200 ma on the 4hr chart, so I am actually looking at 33.3 days of price action.

Long term trading is the way to go, I look at day trading like trying to guess who is going to win the 3rd quarter of a football game. You can be right but still lose because your timing was bad. I will still take a day trade now an then, I like betting against Sunday opening gaps, and reversals off the 200 ma on the 1hr chart have been working out well.

Stop loss order should be called Guarantee loss order

You have a great week trading

This slow grind higher in the EURUSD is about to hit some major resistance at 1.1200 , along with price level resistance you also have the 4hr chart 200 ma and the underside of former uptrend line, that is a lot of resistance. I will be looking for a price reversal for a short entry

Strong day for the Yen, Selling in the Pound continues

Well this sucks, we got the reversal I was calling for in my post last night but price came just short of my 1.1200 short entry target, still we have a valid bearish engulfing candle entry signal,

Strong Weak rankings for Wednesday, still no love for the Pound

Trading these bounces off the 200 ma on the 1hr chart continue to payoff, Here is EURAUD, I was a little late getting in but still up 90 pips

Strong move lower as price is rejected by 200 ma on 4hr chart completely erasing yesterdays big up candle in the AUDNZD

Good day for New Zealand , Non Farm Payroll tomorrow, or as we in the states call it, the fake jobs number.