Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

“E” agreed I have book marked it and will work it into my screen when I start my session, I follow the DXY always and will add this to the view. Thanks for your posts.

1 Like

I was so wrapped up in the GBPNZD trade I forgot to mention we have a new Top SW Trade GBPCHF and up over 100 pips today, and see chart below how price broke above the 200 dma, that is a very bullish signal. Our previous top SW Trade GBPNZD is still very much in play as it makes another run its 200 dma

2 Likes

Hey @dennis,

I’m curious, more so my own fault because i’ve not followed this thread in great detail. So please excuse my ignorance.

I’d like to mention a trade that I took that worked out to be very clean and effective, i’d also be curious to see how it aligns to your S&W rankings - which I don’t fully understand if im honest.

Anyway. The pair is GBP.USD. It was a long trade on Monday 21st, it was closed on Tuesday the 22nd for perhaps just over 120 pips, a decent range trade given the uncertainty in GBP currently.

Would this have been on your radar, or was it perhaps not such a strong signal. I’d appreciate a hard and fast summary.

1 Like

Bacon, if I may interject, simply look in his analysis bax at the values.
From them it certainly could have been in the trading range.

1 Like

Congratulations on an excellent result of that trade; just curious if you can share any further details of your price action analysis and criteria for entry, for example, seems to be on a retracement?

Sure Snowman, here is the chart…entry point listed for you with confirmation from journal

3 Likes

Glad to add something useful :slight_smile:

One caveat to the dukascopy chart I noticed Wednesday: For some reason, they use UTC for their trading day. Wednesday’s first two hours before midnight UTC were quite volatile and included a reversal. Looks like the same is happening already Thursday morning.

1 Like

Thanks for that, I wasn’t questioning the trade or asking for proof however

Still no wiser as to the method but if it’s top secret or luck, no problem

:star_struck:

No problem, it’s no luck. Just a standard 50% retrace of the entire weeks move. It’s a powerful tactic to watch out for, it certainly holds credit.

1 Like

Hey Dennis,
I’m new here and I just wanted to say thanks for this. I watched your Youtube vid explaining your math and whatnot. A lot of people on here are scam artists just trying to make a buck. It’s refreshing to see somebody put their ideas out there for anybody to see for free and take as is. I’ve started updating my own spreadsheet every day using your formula. The next time I see a thread asking about which indicator is best I might just link this thread.

Thanks again, KY

2 Likes

Hi Bacon

For my own trading I have 7 core pairs I trade, and I will trade the strongest of those 7 pairs based on my SW rankings plus my Top SW Trade. GBPUSD is not in my core group and would only be on my radar if it had a 1/8 ranking. But on the subject of GBP , the EURGBP is one of my core pairs and was my Top Core Pair as of January 17th, and is performing nicely

3 Likes

Hi Dennis,

What are the 7 core pairs you trade please?

Thank you

1 Like

Behold the power of the 200 day moving average. Now if I were to trade this I might wait for a pullback to the 200 ma on 1hr chart which is still 100 pips lower from here or buy the breakout when price moves above the moving average.

2 Likes

New Top SW Trade EURGBP* this one was already a Top Trade on my core list as of January 17th and up over 100 pips

1 Like

Market can be divided into Europe, Commodities and Safe Haven

The most traded currencies from each of these groups are EUR, AUD and USD which gives me these pairs EURUSD, AUDUSD and EURAUD

then I match the top two currencies from each group giving me EURGBP, AUDNZD and USDJPY ( these tend to be good for swing trades)

CAD follows price of oil so I trade USDCAD

Those are my Core 7

5 Likes

Hi Dennis,

Thank you.

1 Like

This post is the most unexpected I’ve read on this thread.

Core 7 is apple.

Strong/Weak analysis is orange.

Both are fruits, so there’s some overlap,
as there is between dogs and frogs, which are both vertebrates.

Otherwise, it’s apples and oranges.

How do you reconcile this?

2 Likes

Another week of failed Brexit talks and all the Pound does is keep getting stronger, if and when they get a Brexit deal passed that is when you might see a big drop in the price of the Pound, it is one of those buy the rumor sell the news deals

I do have a confession after BaconSandwich asked if GBPUSD was on my radar, GBPUSD had a weak pullback on Thursday making for an attractive setup, so I bit and road that Friday move for a fast 100 pips. It was just to easy a trade to pass on

3 Likes

Not sure what dogs and frogs have to do with this but here is a SW ranking featuring just my Core7, you can see EURGBP short is by far the strongest trend of the 7

You could do this trading just 1 or 2 favorite pairs, you would just wait for the spread to be over 2% and maybe a price action signal to trigger the trade.

Bottom line, do what works for you

1a1

2 Likes

@Dennis3450

Hi Dennis, from the percentage based on your table, did you put it manually?

1 Like