Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

sleepy day in the market

1 Like

you can direct message me right on this platform

Hey Dennis, I’m aware of the entry signal that pulls back to the 200 ma that you have mentioned, and also the crossing of the 200 ma. But, I want to know more, I’m curious how you take your trades and possible other entries . If you could please explain , id really appreciate it, Thank you tons!.

Didn’t you just mention that you have been using the method for years and had improved with some ‘highly profitable traders from Singapore’ ? We love to hear about new spin-offs and adaptations, please do tell …

3 Likes

How long does it take you to compute each day? I want to do this. Thanks

It takes me about 5 mins to get the numbers for the day.

Hey, IVx i tried to message him, i guess I’m brand new to the site. I should of signed up a long time ago. My question was just a generic question please don’t start anything we are all friendly here. My message was directly for Mr.Dennis. Thanks.

Staying true to our Strong Weak Rankings paid off big on Friday as both Top Trades NZDJPY and GBPJPY plunged to new lows and returned over 300 pips from their entry points. Our other Top Trade for the month AUDJPY did hit a new low as well but still only up 80 pips from its entry point.

Only three trade signals this month but two of the three up over 300 pips, I would call that a pretty good month, even if you only banked half those pips you are doing better then 90% of FOREX traders.

2 Likes

If you like trading pullbacks then there is no better signal then the pullback to the 200 ma on the 1hr chart, look at all the times price on the NZDJPY touch the 200ma over the last 2 weeks

Those looking for day trading opportunities, the 1hr chart with a 200 simple moving average is a powerful day trading weapon

1a1

2 Likes

Good day guy’s Gor0dn here, I have been following this thread actively for about 8-9 months now, but more vigorously this year. On starting I had a win/loss ration of about 10%. Battled to let go of old habits, but over time I have been able to combine parts of my system with Dennis’s SW and now get between 60-70%. This is a straight count of wins against losses over time on MT5 which seems to sometimes combine two trades on the same pair… I think the recent trends seem beneficial and I may not be able keep it up. However listening to the older members I get the idea theirs is higher, even closer to 100%?. I am not interested in risk reward yet until I can get a reasonable win/lose ratio.
Anyone have information on what I should be aiming at?.
Again thanks to all the contributions on this excellent thread.

1 Like

No body is anywhere close to 100%. If you can win 41+ % of your trades with a 1.5 to 1 win/loss ratio then you will be profitable.

3 Likes

Just to add to Dennis’ statement, to be profitable, you need a positive trading expectancy. The formula is:
(Win % x Average Win Size) – (Loss % x Average Loss Size)

There are articles on the Interwebs that describe this more fully. Might even be one on Babypips . . .

2 Likes

1 Like

Phew, much to think about I can associate with most of what is said, I hate seeing a string of loosing trades, but understand gaining a few pips at a time is a waste of otherwise valuable time and effort.
Good time to think of adding risk reward to the equation, which invariably adds a bit more complexity, experience and forethought into the mix. Many thanks for the insights. Gor0dn

You might think of the formula as a mathematical representation of the phrases, “Let your profits run” and “cut your losses early.”

The snag is getting the math to fit the phrase, seems it often ends belly up and costing rather than making.

Knowing what currency is strong and weak is an edge. Still trying to figure out how to take advantage of this one.

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve traded and have just read through the thread from the start of the year to start getting a feel for things again.

Pleased to see you’ve kept the thread so consistent Dennis. You’re a real pro. Thanks for everything you’ve shared over the years.

2 Likes

The Yen was weak on the day and likely to give up its long-held #1 spot but nothing here suggest a full reversal, I would not be thinking of shorting Yen here but if you have profits I would be protecting them

1 Like

Two-day rally in the stock market is suggesting the Yen might be on its way down, will it make it back to #8 again

1 Like