Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Looking at some year to date numbers, We see Canadian dollar strongest and Euro weakest but the spread is not that great, and looking at the middle of the pack USD, CHF, NZD, and AUD are all less than a third of one percent apart.

Now my SW Analysis does best in trending markets which is not what we have right now, but it has held up pretty well with more good trades than bad. You want a System or Method of trading that will kill it with awesome profits when the market is tailored to the system but then not give all your profits back during not so favorable times. SWA has been proving its self during these lean times, just think of the fun we will have when this market starts trending again, I can’t wait !

1a

6 Likes

New Zealand claims the top spot and GBPCAD* hits another new low after testing the 200 ma on the 1hr chart

GBPNZD* is our new Top Trade, as you can see this pair has been on a good downtrend and had a big down day, if you get in here just know your risk, or wait for a pullback, I like the 200 ma on the 1hr chart for pullbacks

For tracking, I will use today’s closing price

1a

3 Likes

hi dennis,

I noticed that you aside from your 200MA, you also have the 34MA, if you don’t mind me asking, could you tell me a little bit more about that?

34MA on daily = 200 SMA on H4

3 Likes

Top Trades GBPCAD* and GBPNZD* are killing it today. Strong Weak Analysis wins again

3 Likes

These charts speak for themselves

An interesting discovery.

I was working on a 28-pair scanner, and I decided to see what the #'s would look like if I measured the distance percent to the SMA200. You will recognize that this is the same calculation for the JPY pairs that Dennis gives daily; the only difference is that in the 28-pair scanner, I calculate for all 28 pairs, and I don’t separate into specific currencies.

The results are pretty much what you would expect, I think.

Method #1: Separating into individual currencies from JPY symbols, then recombining into best pairs:

Method #2: Simply sorting best pairs from all 28 currencies:

(Disregard the rightmost column of #'s. That’s just the swap.)

4 Likes

Pretty interesting. Are they being updated everyday? or every tick?

Every tick.

Top Trade GBPNZD* after just two days is nearing the +200 pip mark, if it gets there this would be 5 of last 6 to pass the 200 pip mark. AUDCHF* is the only blemish on this current run,

1 Like

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your daily updates. Its the first thing I look at everyday.
Just wondering about GBPAUD. Its not a top trade but its currently at more than 2% difference. Would that be a good pair to look at now?

Which currency do you trade against which? Top 3 vs. bottom 5 or what?

Sure it would , just as long as it meets your trading rules and you understand your risk

For tracking on this thread I follow the #1 & 8, but right now #1,2 or 3 with the #8 meet my %2 spread rule

1 Like

while gold consolidates, silver is on the move, close above 16.20 would be big and clears way for move to 17.00

1 Like

pullback day for our short Pound trades, but the CAD might have just signaled a reversal. Not a Top Trade yet but shorting EURAUD is looking good here

5 Likes

what;s a 2% spread rule?

Take the #1 currency minus the #8 currency.

So for 18-Jul, that would be 1.42 - (-1.33) = 2.75%

Thus, GBPNZD has a difference of 2.75% in the “short” direction. This is greater than 2%; therefore, it is a candidate for a trade. It doesn’t necessarily mean the trend will keep going, but it’s a candidate.

I think of it more that you can exclude anything < 2% because there isn’t a lot of strength on the move.

2 Likes

Top Trade GBPNZD* held the top spot for the week hitting a low on Wednesday followed by two days of consolidation, nothing to suggest it could not go lower. The rest of the market seems to be waiting on the US Fed interest rate decision

4 Likes

Checking back with some of our other Top Trades GBPCHF* and GBPJPY* both hit new lows for the week

1 Like