Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I use the Bid price and depending on how my day is going I may figure my SW rankings up to an hour before the close of the daily candle, On the 14th 2 through 7 were pretty tightly packed so not surprising we were a bit off

A good start to the week as Top Trade GBPAUD* dives lower

If you watch the news over the weekend you might expect the world to end and stocks to be down 1000 points at the open, but no, stocks gap open higher and AUD as the risk on currency marched higher as well. That is why we watch the charts and not CNBC or CNN

1a

2 Likes

Top Trade GBPAUD* hit a new low before pulling back, all three commodity currencies are at the top of my rankings, that tells us investors are taking on risk, If you are not a Gold and Silver investor you are missing out, Bitcoin is also on the rise. Lots of places to make money in this crazy market

Top Trade GBPAUD* crosses the +400 pip mark. Strong Weak keeps our focus on the best and ignores the rest

1a

1 Like

A little pullback today but nothing to indicate a trend change

Good week for our Top Trade GBPAUD*, we finished the week with a pullback but that Friday candle looks bearish, I would expect new lows this week

1a

1 Like

US markets closed today so not much happening

hey all,

Has anyone worked out a way to calculate the S/W rankings automatically? I know itā€™s not the most laborious task working out the rankings, but seems the next logical step is to automate them?

Cheers.

What a brilliant idea, Iā€™m sure no one has ever thought of Currency Strength Meters before now, you should win a Noble prize, your a genius

It can surely be coded depending on what platform/software you use.

Nothing says you can only trade 1 with 8, For my own trading, most of my trades are concentrated in three pairs, AUDUSD, EURAUD, and EURUSD. Right now AUDUSD is the strongest of those three so that is what I am playing, Nice move up today, stop moved to breakeven, and just enjoying the ride.

For those playing 1 with 8 GBPAUD*, looks like another good day for our Top Trade

1a1

2 Likes

MT4 - Using the same calculation Dennis does?

Cheers.

Strong day for the commodity sector

No change in our rankings, just a day of consolidation

Newbie questionā€¦Is the strategy to be long on AUD Or NZD against GBP or JPY depending on the catalyst?

Welcomeā€¦

The strategy is to trade the stronger against the weaker.

KC

Dennis,

Any thoughts on ā€œmissing the boatā€ on strong weak trading?

I have a mental block that if I didnā€™t get in at the start itā€™s too late. To re-enter do you wait for a certain ma pull back?

Any thoughts on entering after the trend is underway would be great!

Thanks or all that you continue to give!!

KC

I like pullbacks to the 200 ma on the 1hr chart

1 Like

AUDJPY sneaks into the top spot, AUD has had a great run but if the stock market keeps going up so will AUD

1a

Looking at AUDJPY on a longer-term chart we can see this is a counter-trend move, but that is a pretty steep up move and could continue

AUD remains strong and buying against the Yen, US dollar or Pound remains the play

1a

1 Like