Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Too late for me.

I went long yen last night as my on screen put JPY weak and NZD Strong.

Now I am in the basement.

Market is still in pullback mode, I took profits on Friday and now waiting for this pullback to end for possible reentry or wait for a new SW signal

1 Like

We learn more form bad trades than the good ones, learn your lesson and move on

Closed out for some nice gains from the latest signals. Feel like the dots have finally connected with my trading. It’s only taken a good 5 years.

3 Likes

Hi Dennis,
Help me with this. Bottoming buy signal and they are Distributing euros. Distribution appears to be over signified by change of character in March. Now, if they got rid of the euros, logic says , we would need to go lower to re-accumulate at cheaper prices. Why are we going up??

Additionally, if “Safe havens…The Japanese yen has been a favorite in recent times. The Swiss franc is another… But the yen has the added attraction of being more liquid, meaning it is more readily available to trade”, then taking into account forthcoming uncertainty, they should be continuing to accumulate JPY, meaning selling the Euro against yen. Why are we going up??

Yeah, Dennis! Why? :wink:

1 Like

ahhh… We’re waiting… :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This might help, we had a pullback on the daily but look at the 1Hr chart, price tagged the 200 ma bounced then tested the 200 again and we are about to get a full candle close above the 1hr 200 ma. this is looking bullish, I don’t give trade tips here but if EURJPY was a pair I traded, this is a nice place to go long. I don’t get into the whole distribution thing with currencies, I focus on strength and weakness

and welcome to the thread

Thank you for the reply Dennis. It sure does looked like a pullback on eurjpy. Same thing across the board. BUT… usdjpy has retraced back 100%. Fishy…
Great work with your analysis and longterm approach. Strength and weakness added to my trading toolbox. Thank you Dennis.

1 Like

2020-06-07_135058

What’s this about? Why do you post this on Dennis’ SW thread?

Hi Dennis, thank you for relentless dedication, it’s very helpful :grinning:

I thought you traded whichever pair is flagged by your SW system… may I ask how and why you decide which pairs you do trade and which you don’t?
Many thanks.

1 Like

I divide the market into three groups, Currencies in the same group tend to run together, see June 8th SW rankings
Europe = CHF, EUR, GBP most traded in EUR
Commodities = AUD CAD NZD most traded AUD
Safety = JPY and USD most traded in USD

1a
for most of my trading, I will take the most traded from each group giving me the three pairs that I focus on EURUSD, EURAUD and AUDUSD based on yesterdays SW rankings AUDUSD would be my trade. I avoid trading two currencies from the same group

5 Likes

Our SW rank order has not changed that much but clearly the trend has,

Note; don’t look at one or two days of rankings, we are looking for trends, most of our best trades may trend for weeks before making our Top Trade list

1a

3 Likes

Hi Dennis,

Long time no comment - i lost my account from 5+ years ago!
I’ve been following your posts here for quite a few years now. Always appreciate your insight on what’s going on.

I agree with you that the ranking still gives us good chance, but the trends definitely went the opposite way… an indicator it’s time to wait until the next opportunity comes to us.

the SPY index also really went down, which is confirming the flow of money from the stock market into the currency. We can only wait for the next opportunity.

Thanks for what you do.

Dan

1 Like

Hi Dennis,

If JPY would always be your default at 0.00%, is there any way you can check the changes going on with the strength/weakness of JPY?

1 Like

When JPY moves from one side of the scale to the other side; what do you think that is telling you?

:grinning:

Think about it, when JPY is 0.00% and everything else is negative as in eg. -1.23% which is stronger?

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Ah! Very interesting, thank you.

I’m not Dennis but I think I understood your question and I got a solution for you.

Try this. Sum all the percentages except JPY (0,00%) and divide by 7. Then multiply by -1. This should give you the relative percentage of JPY versus the other pairs.

1 Like