Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

This might interest you: USD/JPY Weekly Forecast.

“The laws of economics and finance have not been repealed. The Federal Reserve is tightening, as is the Bank of England and soon the Bank of Canada. The Bank of Japan and the European Central Bank are not. Those policies will order currencies in the first half of the year.”

1 Like

Bcshaf, I agree with your thinking 100 percent!!!

in short, 5 currency strength meters: 1. cot non-reportable, 2.cot reportables+non, 3. cot asset manager, 4, contrarian sentiment and 5. this…one currency has to be stronger than the other across all meters to be traded…entries and exits using optimized bots on the m1 by ClickAlgo

Interesting !

I watch the table, the 2 strongest and the 2 weakest, 4 currency pairs. I watch these 4 pairs, on 1hr chart, and I am interested in pullbacks to 20, 50 and 200 EMAs. Also looking for pullbacks to the trend line, especially when the pullback hits trendline and one of the EMAs. When it looks right for a market entry I take it (example pullback to 200 EMA which is also on trendline, which is also on previous support resistance line), when it looks right for a pending order entry, I take it. A good pair (eg AUDUSD a few weeks) can really deliver, 5-7% when risking 1% on entry. About 2 or 3 months ago it was EURCAD, I made 3 or 4 entries on pullbacks, and stole about 10% on this trend. I am wary of the 2% difference, when SW is tight, the chance of losing trades is higher.

3 Likes

this used to bug me, so i solved this issue with multi currency strength meters

1 Like

Would like to see how you do it. Care to show a chart? Its visually easier to see. Thanks. :slight_smile:

200 EMAs - for what time frames?

Hi Fok and Good morning. May I ask You which time frame you use to to trade? I will appreciate your answer thank You and have a good day

I’m a breakout trader, so for example, going short at the Low of the previous day, which happens at the same time on all time frames.

And generally, again for example, if I’m selling a Low, then I will be checking the 4-Hour, the 1-Hour, and the 15M, which will all be trending down, or there wouldn’t be an entry, correct?

You may check the chart of AUDUSD, today, Monday, 20 December, and let me know if you have any specific questions.

1 Like

Well the AUD/USD is down in all time frame the low of the day has been broken and You will trade in that direction because the US dollar is strong and You will look only for selling and would have been viceversa if the US dollar was the weakest on the daily time frame. So Your entry woud be on any lower time frame, most probablyYou do not need any Moving average or You still rely on them? At the moment the USA is still the strogest and the AUD is the third weakes, I assume I could trade also USD/NZD same direction and the USD/CAD going up of course as the daily open has been broken
maybe the only indicator I could use is the RSI just to check the strenght and the weakness of the pairs. Same could be said for the Yen that is quite strong almost as the USD. Hope I got it right, honestly never thought trading like this. I thank You very much I do really appreciate… I wish You a good day trading and Merry Chistmas and happy New Year

I actually have CHF as slightly stronger than JPY but there isn’t much to pick between them.

Merry Christmas though.

2 Likes

On Market Milk I have USD and YEN almost the same strenght and CHF not so much, I checked with Finwiz same, maybe You Have another strenght Meter

1 Like

That’s fair. I compile my own league table using whether the latest D1 close was above or below the 50EMA. Its very sensitive but a drawback is that it disregards the magnitude of daily percentage changes.

2 Likes

It is mentioned in the same sentence !!

1 Like

Sorry FOK I read again my answer and lools like I did not specify which low of the day I meant, I do now. The low of the weaker currency of the previous day not the close. I did a trade on the USD/CAD I entered at 1.2905 and closed 1.2927 of course in this case was the breaking of the high of the previous day. I will do demo for a couple of months and see how it works. Please do not ask me to show the trade because I honestly I do not know how to do it. I am waiting for my nephew to teach me when he will come to visit me hoping soon but a little vorried about this Covid

Mixed action in our yen pairs, more selling on Wall St

1a

5 Likes

Strong up move for Yen pairs today, Stocks also had a nice move up, maybe we might get a mini Santa rally this week

1a

6 Likes

My bad, can you please share how this 200 EMA helped you on chart, not understanding, as this is too wide to interpret clearly.

The market is still in Santa rally mode

1a

6 Likes