Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I like the approach. Previously I displayed only the current currency strength chart, as a kind of dashboard. But this approach allows lessons to be drawn from “typical” behaviours of each.

For example, I feel sickly if forced to be long on the EUR or short USD.

4 Likes

lol, good to know i’m not the only one! :+1:

2 Likes

I like keeping things simple, but if this works for you I say it looks great

2 Likes

Thanks, much appreciated, I think it does, so I did even more work on it.

And again, thanks to your meticulous posting, it was quite easy to find the data.

Starting 100 days back was a good choice as it picks up the last 8 Top Trades.

Anyone having a look, please check for accuracy and advise of any mistakes, thanks.

And carry on from entry 37 -

Final 77 to 100 entries -

Now with all the data entered, it was easy to have the Strong vs Weak for the last 100 days or at least entries.

Of course, that is a long time, so it is best to watch the most recent days or entries to spot the changes coming.

The usual criticism, observations, comments, and suggestions can now be made. Naturally, likes, high-5s, back slapping, and PayPal donations will be given preferences, cheers.

2023-08-08_21-39-48

2 Likes

Late night of travel, but here is Monday’s

2 Likes

If these early numbers hold we should see a down open to stocks and a new number #1 by days end, can you guess what it will be?

1 Like

What is the formula? Would you explain, please?

2 Likes

Thanks for asking; it is a simple tally of the number of times a Currency appears in the top 3 or bottom 3 positions of Strong or Weak, as explained in the initial post of 6480.

Please review all posts and examine the data supplied.

In fact, as I do that, I am now thinking that a “weighting” factor might be required because of what I see here in the recent 25 days table.

The top 3 currencies are virtually equal in the total number despite CHF being there 18 out of the 25 days. I’m thinking of using 1.5 for the Strong 1, leave Strong 2 at 1.0, and Strong 3 at 0.5. And the same goes for the Weak side data of course.

Anyone familiar with massaging this type of data? Any quants or statisticians here? Cheers
2023-08-09_5-02-04

2 Likes

How did this not get declared as an official Top Trade on July 27?

1 Like

Late-day rally kept CHF at the top spot, Stocks were down but well off their lows

2 Likes

I marked it on my chart, I don’t always declare every trade as we can all see what is #1 and 8

3 Likes

Very small gains for yen pairs, and more losses for stocks

4 Likes

Current state of affairs, yes, I know, pips are not the best method of measuring trade success parameters.

2 Likes

I did see that during my review and data gathering, and look where it is now.

This is a good point of the table that I have complied, as it looks like the Sell of AUDCHF is a warning to give up on the Buy of AUDJPY, although it is doing well today.

1 Like

Speaking of missed signals, and not saying that you missed it Dennis, as you don’t trade all pairs, but have a look at this. I’ve only looked back 100 or so days, and Monday, April 17 is the first day where CHF is in the Strong spot and JPY is in the Weak spot.

Now anyone that has been looking at the charts should know that CHFJPY has been in one of the strongest trends ever; this is exactly the type of price action that is the focus of this thread. The thing is, you never know which pairs might be the ones to trend.

You don’t even have to catch an exact entry, the “signals” here are simply a guide to what could be happening, and the price action definitely confirm it here, could be traded at any point along the way. Currently 1,400+ pips up.

3 Likes

Fair point. I have ranked CHF/JPY as a super-trend and am setting a buy order every time we get even one lower daily high.

2 Likes

SW has been giving us buy signals on CHFJPY going back to May 2021, those earlier signals would have been difficult to hang onto but this last one has gone completely parabolic

No matter how you trade it, using mine or your own version of a Strong/Weak ranking has proven itself over the 8 years of this thread.

Congrats to everyone who has stuck with this and sought to improve it

5 Likes

All green on this Thursday morning, let’s now see if this carries over to stocks

2 Likes