Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

We had a lot of reversals in our Top SW Trades today showing after a big run we could see a pull back, rather then trying to trade against the trend on the pull back, how about a reversal candle that is going in direction of the trend, step forward EURJPY , reversed right off the 34 ma to finish at a new high, If JPY weakens from here, Long EURJPY is not a bad place to be,

Note; this is not a Top Strong Weak trade,

for trend I look at multi time frames, Weekly, Daily, 4hr, and 1hr, all have a 200 period simple moving average, ideally I would want to see price on all charts either above or below their 200 ma, I will on occasion go counter trend against the weekly chart as you can have 1000 pip counter trend move on the weekly. As far as looking back, I will go as far as needed to find previous support and resistance levels

hope that helps

4 Likes

Thanks Dennis, I am currently testing this strategy with a small live account. hope everything goes well :slight_smile:

EURGBP and EURUSD are creeping closer to the 200 SMA. Could get a nice dip buy today

Dennis I have a question, If price on h1 does not reverse at H1 and proceeds to move beyond on the 200 MA then how do we enter the trade?

Here is EURGBP H1 chart with 200 ma, you can see this one loves to bounce off the 200, as far as a trade entry , you could buy on price touching the 200, you could wait for a reversal candle at the 200, and if price was to dip below the 200 you could buy it as it breaks back up above the 200. these all have their own risk and no two trades are a like.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, that explains a lot.

We had strong follow through in yesterdays reversals, Some pretty big counter trend moves against the Euro today, as can be seen in chart below of EURGBP, for the moment the run in the Euro seems to be over. but long term trend is positive for the Euro so sit back let this pull back play out and we will catch the move back up

EURGBP Long seems to be lining up now

we made it to end of August, it was a great month for my Top SW Trades, and current Top SW Trade EURNZD was up again giving us a new high to close out the month

Dennis, do you take trades a day before NFP?
I am thinking about going long EURUSD

There was a time when the NFP meant something, now it is hardly noticeable on a daily chart, generally these news events will only effect day traders, when I enter a position I expected to be in it for weeks, so unless the news event gives a strong reversal candle against my trade, I will just hold through any short term move against me.

EURUSD is up over 1500 pips YTD, it is by far the biggest mover this year

2 Likes

Dear Dennis, is there anyway, I could get this daily update?

thanks, Sandy

Great stuff as always D. All you need now is a Sitar and an Ashram, your followers are increasing. heheehehee :grin:

The Ever Just Pullin Your Leg VIPER

Thanks for everyone’s support, I have not thought about doing any kind of a Skype, will have to think about that one

Here is a review of my Top Strong Weak Trades for the week, Some big money moves in the Euro but will they continue

2 Likes

Here is my weekly review of trends across the markets, as currencies are often tied to other markets, it is good to know what the other markets are doing as you plan your FOREX trades

4 Likes

Gold and Yen rise on escalation over North Korea , this will have a major effect on our currency trades once the bullets start flying

I am staying out of JPY until this issue get’s resolved. it changes sentiment on a dime.

As explained in my last post, Yen was strong today, Top SW Trade NZDCAD pulled back about 20 pips, pretty much a nothing day for most non Yen pairs, things should start to heat up on Tuesday as the idiots running the US and N. Korea inch closer to war, On top of that we have another hurricane with Florida in it’s cross hairs

1 Like