Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Good week for our Strong Weak trades, Top Trade USDCHF hit a high Friday of +139 pips. CADCHF is just below it’s old high and NZDUSD started out good but pulled back on Friday, GBPCHF took a hard hit on Friday, it is still above its entry point but everyone should have taken profits by now as it hit a high of +385 pips two weeks ago

1 Like

Maybe waiting for a pullback to the 200 ma on the 4h/1hr time frames or a buy/sell signal (doji, engulfing, inside bar) could help mitigate losses.

Slow day, our short NZDUSD did turn positive, until something changes we stay short CHF

1 Like

Good day Dennis… I made the same analysis but with CHF seems very similar
apart few points in the middle

1 Like

Sorry guys but we had another winning day for our Top SW Trades, another day like today and we can call NZDUSD our 14th winning trade of the year against ( I forget how many losing trades we have had) oh now I remember, it is ZERO losing trades against soon to be 14 winners

2 Likes

Our TOP SW Trade from April 5th ( my daughters birthday) just topped the +200 pip mark today

2 Likes

Man Dennis. I’m always impressed that you’re always able to catch these massive swings.

I’m still considered new as I haven’t reached the five year mark, but I fight my way to stay above the water line.

Do you have any tips and tricks towards entering/exiting trades?

Thanks for your time,

jnFamousDan

1 Like

Top Strong Weak trade USDCHF passed the +200 pip mark today, that makes 10 out of 14 trades this year have topped 200 pips

1 Like

Just entering each new trade and holding for a profit target of 200 pips has worked very well this year, sometimes keeping things super simple is the best strategy

2 Likes

I typically exit half position after 100 pips. Then set trade at B/E with a target of 200 pips.

1 Like

This strategy would had earn you 2400 pips year to date

1 Like

Yes I just closed CADCHF +212 as it has posted a pinbar. I was a bit late into the trade, hopefully I am not out too early too

anytime you can walk away with 200 pips it is a win,

1 Like

Short GBPUSD becomes our 15th trade of the year

2 Likes

If we break the 200 on the daily, price could be a 350 to 500 pip move!

A sell short stop order just below yesterdays low would be a sweet entry if not already short

Note; in January we played this long and got 361 pips in just two days, Pound trades can move fast,

don’t we have NFP number coming out this morning , this could whipsaw a 100 pips in just minutes

it just did!!! i was on GBPUSD and USDCHF. both togher have yielded 100 pips till now i am holding

Hi guys!

Could you please recommend me a website (or any other way) to determine currency strength and weakness for the given day?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

…currency strength and weakness for the given day?

Are you serious? – That’s what this thread is all about !

Have you read any of this thread?

Just scroll back to Dennis’ post dated yesterday, and you will find Strong/Weak rankings for today (Friday).

Sunday evening, Dennis will post Strong/Weak rankings for Monday.

Monday evening, Dennis will post Strong/Weak rankings for Tuesday.

Every day, it’s served up to you on a silver platter.

2 Likes