Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Thanks Johnny,
I also traded the GBP/CHF and made a few pips.
Always a nicer environment when posts are kept to a positive note and constructive overall.

1 Like

Yes, thank you, and I hope that obnoxious person that keeps reporting my posts takes note of it also; I don’t see how can be any more on topic than discussing 4 Hour, 200 SMA, Close Price

USD holds on to #1 but it has lots of company ready to take over the top spot, will at the other end of the scale EUR and GBP have dug themselves an even deeper hole

Top Trade GBPUSD hit another new low on Friday ( new high for our pip total) and GBPCAD pulled back but still managed to finish below the 200 ma on 1hr chart, I like both of these to move lower

Note, Monday is a holiday here in the US so expect light trading,

2 Likes

Johnny, just how long have you been doing this, do you know the volatility history of the Pound and or how the Swiss central bank once moved the CHF 2500 pips in a day. Its that last one is why I rarely trade the CHF. There is far more risk in a CHF trade over a CAD trade and you need to consider that before shooting out trade recommendations

Now looking at the GBPCHF on a purely technical basis, we see the price has been trending higher for 18 months and this last pullback has taken us back to the daily 200 ma where price stopped cold on Friday, this is a prime price point for a reversal, be careful here

6 Likes

As expected US holiday kept market activity in check, But we did get a new Top SW Trade out of it EURUSD* as the Euro nudges out Pound for the #8 spot,
Someone check my data but I believe this is the first time EURUSD has been a Top Trade since February 2016

2 Likes

175 Pips off table from EURUSD :slight_smile:

Hi Dennis,

Its been a long time since EURUSD gave a signal, on my record it shows 10 Jan 2018 EURUSD was the strongest.

1 Like

we must be looking at different time frames for data as my SW rankings on 10 Jan 2018 has Euro and USD ranked 7&8

Oh ! back in January I was in Dubai and was using a Dubai server to do the strong weak, and in march I moved to Australia and since then I have been using New York 5 pm for strong weak calculation. Maybe this might had an effect.

Should be more careful next time.

Thanks Dennis :slight_smile:

what is that excel template i have not seen it before in this thread. can you explain how it works.
i am making a guess that you mention your currencies with a rank 1-8 then later you just get a set of currency pairs on the strength meter.
it looks quite handy, i am bad a coding could you share a template ?

thanks
anjanfx

Here is a Youtube video in which Dennis explains his calculation method –

That video has already been posted somewhere in this thread, but I couldn’t find it
(it’s a very long thread).

2 Likes

I have seen this video. But i was asking @Sbrandi on how he arriced at this table.seems like he has used the SW Rankings to rank individual currency pairs.

Well that did not take long, first day as our newest TOP SW Trade EURUSD* has already hit +100 pips making this the 17th trade signal of 2018 and the 17th in a row to top 100 pips, and 21st winning trades in a row going back to last year.

Note; most traders would be hesitant to go short a pair like EURUSD seeing how it has already had a big drop and most indicators would say it is oversold. Here at Trading the Trend we have 21 winning trades in a row because we do not do what most traders do, and we do not follow outdated failed indicators. My SW Rankings are based on pure price action, price action is the only indicator that pays

2 Likes

Thanks Dennis, I also clocked in just over a 100 pip.
Appreciate all your advice, I’ve seriously learnt so much since I started following your tread few weeks ago. I try to go back as far as I possibly can whenever I get the chance to catch up on past analysis of your SW Trend. It’s really good stuff and very encouraging to guys like myself.
Thanks again!

3 Likes

Lots of turmoil in the markets but if you ignore the news and just trade our Top picks you were all smiles today.

The Yen is back to #1 after moving all the way to # 8, as I have pointed out before, Yen like to make several round trips from #1 to #8 each year

With Yen back at #1 we have a new Top SW trade, EURJPY* Equity markets are very weak right now so no surprise our rankings are headed by the two safe haven currencies, and that is how we will play it until something changes

2 Likes

Hi Dennis,

This was an excellent trade, I locked in 172 Pips on my first lot and 252 Pips on my second lot and still got a a third portion running. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Anjanfx,

It is not a complex thing, once you determine the currency position using Dennis’s method lets say you get EUR is the rank 1 and USD is the rank 8, then open a simple excel and input USD - EUR = which will give you + 7 and do the same for the rest of the pairs.

I don’t think you need to maintain an excel sheet like I do, because as per Dennis’ original strategy he trades only a handful of currencies to stop over trading and to minimize any draw-downs. Based on my experience I long +7 Pair and -7 Pair and I keep track of the + 6 and - 6.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

GBPJPY - + 253 Pips :grin:

1 Like

EURJPY + 202 Pips :grin:

1 Like

Hi Dennis,

I am new to here. I am wondering how can I learn from your SW analysis. Do you have any private website or private info I can join to learn? Please advise, thank you.