Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Hi runyt

Welcome to the thread, I did not know my influence had spread to other Forums, just follow along, no charge, yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Dennis,
Sorry to bother you, but I cant find the post where you and another guy talked about strong medium and weak strength. Its about the difference of percentage of strong and weak currencies.
I am still new to this forum and the scrolling and searching is very different here compared to other forum based websites.

A good trend will have 2% or more gap between the strong and weak currencies, Today we see EUR/NZD with only a 1.2% separation, when you see markets stuck in the under 2% gap range as we have seen most of this summer that tells us we have a range bound non trending or very slow trending market. This is not a good market for us, so it is these times we must be patient, the trends will return, they always do

I hope this helps

3 Likes

Here is a project for some of you long time followers of this thread, when was the last time we only had a spread of 0.84% between #1 and 8

4 Likes

CAD up two days in a row , maybe we have a play here

1 Like

I was wondering, how many consecutive days does a currency needs to be at the top before you match it with the weakest currency to find a trade? is there a benchmark for the weakest currency as well?

I told you yesterday we might have a play in the CAD

Chart below is NZDCAD , Look at the little blue doji on July 24th, do you see anything in that chart that would tell you to go short this pair at the close of the daily candle on that date, yet my Strong Weak rankings identified shorting this pair as the best trade and look at those red candles the last two days. I have been tracking FOREX pairs using my Strong Weak rankings for 6 years now and I am still amazed how often this simple ranking nails the trade

3 Likes

1 Like

There is no set rule, we have seen very good results just entering the #1 and #8 as soon as they hit my rankings, but it is up to you to manage your trade, know how much you are willing to lose if trade goes against you and where to take profits. Simply have a trading plan and follow it

3 Likes

Hi Dennis Would be possible You can tell me what time of the day, more o less GMT your Strong weak rankings comes out Sorry I am trying to find out going through Your Forum but I am finding not easy to go around and also may I ask do You enter trades only matching the highest against the weakest with at least 2% or the 2% is related to spot a currency trending. In other words would be possible to have some kind of rules for trading according to the daily rankings. I apologize I wish I had started following You much earlier, thanks again and have a good Week-End

Good short little video to confirm what you are doing right and to bring to your attention things that could be holding you back

4 Likes

I try to post between 4:30 and 5:30 EST, Monday - Thursday, my week ending posting will come out Sunday afternoon before the market reopens. But this all depends how my day is going

Everyone’s entry rules will be a little different, my own rules may not be fitting for you. I track all the #1/#8 pairs as a way to show the potential of Strong Weak trading, I do not trade every pair my rankings identify, As traders we are looking for an edge, my Strong Weak rankings will give you an edge, but you can improve on that by focusing on only a few pairs or maybe one currency, and know everything about that currency, Keep records, if you are doing well trading say AUDUSD and EURUSD, but keep losing with USDJPY , then stop trading USDJPY. In other words keep what works and discard what loses you money.

I hope this helps

1 Like

Thank You Dennis more than helpful nice and clear, cannot ask more thanks again

Things are getting back to normal as we see a widening gap between 1 and 8, and our last two Top SW Trades topped the +100 pips mark with drawdowns of less than 20 pips

d

1 Like

Hi Dennis I am trying to figure out how You enter a trade not easy to understand yet for me I must say. OK let me guess if I got it, first You wait for the price to be over or under both the 200 and 34 MA, then You check the strength between both currency, the main choice would be between number One and number Eight right? Or could be the way around first check the strength of the currency and if there is a good gap, then You check that the price is under or over the the MA both of them and eventually You enter the trade if these conditions are met. Wait a moment, the strength I thought must be at least over 2% I mean difference between the currency you want to trade I think that what i read somewhere so I checked and I cannot see this difference between GB/CAD and NZ/CAD. I have compared the difference from the 25th to the 27th. of both currency You have traded I believe and cannot see such difference.I wonder if You can direct me to a page were I can read the rules of Your entry, I really want to understand better. Thank You and apology for asking all these questions after all no point to follow a good trader if one doesn’t know how to interpret the way he trades isn’t?

Just pop up to Post 1607, use page up or scroll, very good answer there (all answers are in the thread)

3 Likes

Thank You Snowman, How i can get to page 1604 is there a page I can click or can I write it have been scrolling up and down for quite a while but I must be a kind of stupid because honesty I have tried to click every were hoping something can pop up and write the post 1604.

Whoa, are you new to internet and this forum too?

Once again, slowly, POST not PAGE = 1604

Hint: there is only 1 page and this is it, look right here on the left, see any numbers?

Use Page Up as in the key on your keyboard, or SCROLL up as in use the wheel on the mouse

Good Luck, just had a look, might be 1607

1 Like

And the “experts” tell us that FOREX is risky, tell that to the holders of Facebook , Fang stocks have gotten trashed the last few days but our Top SW Trades keep making pips

1 Like

On a down day for US stocks, we would expect to see USD and Yen move higher but not in this upside-down market

1 Like