Trading using pivot point

I think GBP not strong so take SELL. i will take SELL for all GBPUSD,GBPAUD etc

SELL STOP LOT SIZE IS 0.1 @ PRICE 1.6703 TAKE PROFIT @ 1.6668 was trigger -15.6 pips

GBP/USD

Market sentiment- buy

Expected loss for the day 35 pips

Expected profit for the day 133 pips

I do not use stop loss (Time is my stop loss)

I use pending order to trade

No need to monitor, just set and close your platform and come back on GMT +1 at 9:30 pm

MY TRADE PLAN FOR THE DAY

BUY STOP LOT SIZE IS 0.1 @ PRICE 1.6727 TAKE PROFIT @ 1.6743

BUY STOP LOT SIZE IS 0.1 @ PRICE 1.6746 TAKE PROFIT @ 1.6781

BUY STOP LOT SIZE IS 0.05 @ PRICE 1.6784 TAKE PROFIT @ 1.6816

SELL STOP LOT SIZE IS 0.1 @ PRICE 1.6692 TAKE PROFIT @ 1.6679

SELL STOP LOT SIZE IS 0.1 @ PRICE 1.6676 TAKE PROFIT @ 1.6641

SELL STOP LOT SIZE IS 0.05 @ PRICE 1.6638 TAKE PROFIT @ 1.6606

Pls fill the poll up so i can use it to explain my style of trade using pivot point

Constructive criticism is welcome

Happy trading
no chart again

BUY STOP LOT SIZE IS 0.1 @ PRICE 1.6727 TAKE PROFIT @ 1.6743 was trigger +16

BUY STOP LOT SIZE IS 0.1 @ PRICE 1.6746 TAKE PROFIT @ 1.6781 was trigger +20

Total profit for the day +36

I like how you go about using time as a stop loss, but is that not somewhat dangerous after some time?

So as everyone here has asked, how does your system work?
What is special about the way you take a trade and reasoning behind it?

when you start a thread you do not get feed back it make it not interesting but all the way it has been a good system.

I know what you mean, the thing is people just browse the site not wanting to go into any thread that does not tickle their fancy, but I have seen this here on BP, that majority of people will follow but not leave feedback, and the more you carry on with your thread the more people you will attract it takes time for people to start giving their input though… Just hang in there…

If you look on the main screen you will see that yes not alot of people are commenting and giving feedback but you have over 1330 views of this thread, now these people will eventually start following once they are confident enough to give their own two cents

Just hang in there, Rome was not built in a day :slight_smile:

My profit

pls expained this

Hi, @adetola99,
I am currently testing pivots and they fit my style of trading with simplicity really great :slight_smile: One question though, how do you calculate your expected loss? Do you use ATR or some other thing? I presume that you are setting sell and buy stop orders on R1, R2, and S1, S2 with profit targets on the next pivot in line, right?

I am also busy with pivot points…

How are you finding them? What other indicators do you try using with them?

I am torn between a few especially when on the 1hr chart

I’ve tried paring them with RSI, stoch and CCI but was just confusing so I put monthly on H4, weekly on H1 and daily on M5 and trade in trend when monthly and weekly are bellow main PP I use that for sell signal on M5, and above main PP on monthly and weekly for buy signal on M5 :slight_smile:

Like what you are doing there…

I am also sort of doing this but was also getting too many confusing signals with other indicators…
Although momentum indicator works well seeing as it is a leading indicator, but still I am yet to find a good indi to use.

I also use fibo pivots while I have the normal pivots on, this way I have a target where I can get a first take profit before I hit the daily R1 etc…if this makes sense?
Then I would try sell half my lot and keep the rest moving obviously moving my stop loss a few pips behind my price, so once it does go the right way you are still in profit

Yeah, well my targets are the middle and the other S/R pivots, with two positions opened when the middle is hit I move the SL to brake even :slight_smile: The only problem I get is only 1:1 RR, because I put my SL way above/below main PP if S1 or R1 are broken :stuck_out_tongue: If I try to put hem to tight they get hit and sometimes price goes from R1 all the way back to main PP and a little below it before going back and hits R2 for example. Annoying…

I did that today on a GBP?USD trade, stop loss was a bit tight and got hit almost 10 minutes in.

If I am trading from the pivot point to the R1 I will set my stop loss at the previous high or lo.

Like you I check how price is moving on the higher time frames then if the price is above the PP line on 5min and main trends are showing down I will wait for a candle to break PP and close below it then I wait for the next candle to take out the low of the previous candle and open my trade.

Obviously the other way round for when I want to go long…
But now where I am a bit stuck is when I see the higher time frames showing down and my price on the 5 min is already below PP thats where I dont know when to take the trade, do I wait for a bounce off the pivot and then when price carries on moving down then open a trade, how do you go about this?

Yes I wait for the bounce…for example on weekly and monthly price is below PP and on M5 price is around middle between PP and S1… I then wait either for price to retrace to PP and bounce or to brake below S1… Now you can go aggressive and short immediately but I don’t know you have to be willing to take a beating then because price will go up and down until finds a direction :slight_smile:

I am trying to find the best way to go about this still

So I am even trying out the Fibonacci pivot points, they seem to do well but basically once you have a weekly pivot point the fibonacci weekly pivot point do not come close together.
IE, FIB R3 is the same as weekly R1 on normal pivots
So confusing all these things to be honest
I think best to choose one test it find how it will work for you and stick to it

Of course you can’t mix them…use only one, either standard pivots or fibonacci or maybe camarilla pivots (they are used also extensively) :slight_smile:

Which one is your preferred PP?

I only said FIBS as I use retracements etc on higher time frames though…But with this technique you wait a while for the trade to hit and a while for it to hit either SL or TP

So instead I use PP for day to day trades but was comparing the lot to see how they work out