Training Wheels strategy

Oliver thanks so much.hope u will be patient with me ontill i’m able to come along, on the right hand of my plat form there is no sign as slipshod explain,at the midle of it there is something similar but not for intalling indicator,I think i will apreciate if any one can understand me and help me out,im left behind in this forum.I will prefer if any one can tell me the brocker u have used and then the procedures please.

I don’t understand what you mean, sorry.
Please try to rephrase.

O.

Hi learningfast,
few questions please.

1. What currency do you trade
  2. What time frame do you trade and
  3. what time frame do you use for trend direction.

Slipshod,
I’ve been trying to open the zipped files on the indicators for several days. I’ve done searches to re-learn how to unzip files, downloaded unzip software, as I don’t have Win-zip on this computer, and have gotten no where. The program I’m trying to us is 7-Zip. When I do an unzip, I get a message saying the file is archived and cannot be opened. I want very much to use your technique. I’ve read through the posts twice and see nothing about the files being archived. Can you please help me or direct me to where I can learn how to open these files from the archive. Thanks.

Hi,

try WinRAR, that should work.
7Zip isn’t so good.

P.

I’ve downloaded WinRAR and find the same problem. I can’t get it out of an Abode file, yet Abode cannot open it. Any suggestions.

this thread has gone very quiet. Are people still trading this system?

Don’t know if anyone else is, but I certainly am. I’m trying to keep the blog going too…

My trading has evolved though, and I’m incorporating a few other ideas (mainly wedge patterns/wolfe waves) that weren’t part of the original strategy.

How are the results looking? I have been looking at your strategy and adapting it too. Thank so much for sharing your work so far!

For me, this strategy helped me put price action in context, identify trends, and trade in the direction of a trend with entries at the safest possible points. As such, it was designed to counter my biggest weaknesses - either trying to chase the price, or even worse, fighting a trend with no good reason. My results have varied, as its taken time for me to discipline myself to following rules, even when they’re right there in front of me, rather than listening to my emotions, but I’ve steadily improved over time.

I’ve also evolved, and find myself using Supply/Demand zones along with Wolfe Waves in a clean chart bereft of indicators, which is of course not TW at all! I use TW still to add entries on pullback and to take profit, but it no longer solely drives my trading, its in a more secondary role for specific purposes if that makes sense.

Fantastic and amazing system and strategy. It works well for me. Thank you, Mr. Slipshod. Thank you…:35:

Hello every one… thank you very much Mr. Slipshod and thanks to all others participating in this thread. please i am new to forex and I believe this strategy is working. I have read the tutorial pdf many times but still having difficulty undestanding the entry methods. Please can any explain with some ellistrated charts. and which direction to place the order in case, for example, the signal is above price in H4 and it it is below in M15?
thank you in advance

Hi Slipshod,

Thanks for putting together the training wheels manual, I’ve had a good read through it and studied it this week. Tonight (17th August) I’m having a look at the EURUSD, would I be correct in saying that on the 15 minute, 4 hour or 1 day chart that there isn’t an opportunity for entry?

Hi Slipshod,

Just wondering if this forum is still live or you’re blogging or something elsewhere?

Cheers,

Andrew

Well, as I’ve said here & on my blog I’ve moved beyond this method now, but it was a great help getting my trading back on track last year when I designed it. I’m really happy if it helps others, that’s why I shared it.

I’m posting now & then on stevehopwoodforex.com, which has many veteran traders plus indicator and EA coders sharing their ideas and knowledge. So much to learn, so few hours in the day :slight_smile:

Hi Slipshod,

Couldn’t agree more, the superpower of ‘no sleep’ would be quite handy. Thanks & I’ll re-read this forum thread also. After studying training wheels I was all set to go, but yesterday’s market didn’t look like anything at all!

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Learning Fast,

Sorry if you’ve mentioned it previously, what pairs are you trading and and what approximate times of day?

Yes, TW is a strategy (like many others) for trending markets, and it won’t work for you when the market jitters back & forth without direction like it did on Friday.

Hi Bijoymj,

Are you looking at the markets this evening? (Tuesday 21st)

Just wondering what your thoughts are, as I’ve studied the TW material and have started demo trading. None of the major pairs seems to be trending? With the exception of the GBPUSD maybe coming down and then a chance of a pullback entry.

Just wondering if I’m reading the charts right and have the TW method correct?

Cheers,

JP

Hi slipshod, i cant seem to find the exact entry and exit method. any help will be highly appreciated