Trend Based Breakout Strategy - 1H Entry Signal

This my friend is the million dollar question…literally! If I knew the answer I would be fishing off of my yacht right now somewhere on a private island.

But seriously, in a downtrend price tends to follow a subtle pattern. This pattern can be at different timeframes and can resemble a channel, but you look for consistent lower highs and lower lows. Each lower high (swing high) should closely match up with a previous lower low (swing low) if you look to the left. This is also referred to as support and resistance levels. Some people will use Fibonacci levels to help determine these points as well.

A break in this pattern, or structure, such as the swing low stopping short and price starts to create higher highs, then you might consider exiting the trade.

There are a lot of different signals people use depending on their strategy. A breach of a certain pattern, SR zone, or a single candle. But no signal is guaranteed, and this is where your SL comes into play. Or you could manually exit the trade then re enter if price resumes the downtrend.

But once you feel the trend has come to an end, get out and move on.

MattyMoney,
Ha Ha Ha !
That’s a great idea. I didn’t think of Fibonacci. Thank you so very much. I’m using your experiment for my stock (swing & day trade) trading. The Volume plays a good role too. I agree with you that ‘no signal is guaranteed’.
Have a good day !

1 Like

Here’s some decent info on Market structure in Forex.

nice, thank you

1 Like

Well done. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Some opportunities may be presenting themselves here:

AUDNZD - Short order at 1.0701. To play it safe, I decided to place to order just below the recent swing low:

EURCAD - Short order at 1.5430:

GBPCAD - Watching for short to materialize.

Good morning! I’m dredging this thread up again after a few months since we are now seeing some form of trends again.

I’m looking at 2 setups currently:

AUDCAD Short:

EURCHF Short:

I am waiting for price on the 1H chart to breach and close outside of these zones, then I will place my short order at the low of that candle.

1 Like