Trend Finder Daily

1.What Time Of The Day Do You Post Your Signal

2.WHAT must it be applied on the platform since platforms have different time setting.GIVE DETAILS IN GMT ,PLEASE IAnd Which Platform Do You Use ;odl ?

ive just had a quick 2 second look at the results spreadsheet linked to on page 2 of this thread. it has been updated to yesterday by Bull101…and a quick look at the total pips column shows that in 39 trades it is running at a 241pip LOSS despite 69% winning trades.

a 241 pip loss over 6 weeks and 39 trades, despite a winning percentage of 69 tells me this system simply isnt going to work, despite a fairly high success rate its running at a loss.

That’s what concerns me too :frowning: …200 risk for 150 reward…:eek:

It needs better than 75% wins to profit or at least break even.

Hi,

Just want to make sure I understand the system correctly. I suppose that a signal would appear at the close of a candle where all criteria are met. Would it be advisable to trade at the second closed candle after the signal as long as the criteria are still met and, for instance, stochastic is still between 10 and 90 levels? Or is it better to wait for another signal just to occur?

Thanks,

Chamane
:slight_smile:

Chamane…please go the the last page of this thread and read (or re-read) Bull101’s description of this Trend Finder Daily System in his first post. The key word here is “Daily”. The only candle to look at is the opening candle on daily chart…there is no second candle…only one candle per day on daily chart. I think Bull took the first 10-15 minutes after daily opening to analyze the charts, then made his picks for the day. Hope that answers your questions…good luck!

Thanks Pipsterdude for your reply. I know there has been some discussions on the matter, but I still find it strange that we can rely on an opening candle to enter a trade. I suppose that the 100 pips stop loss is there to include many drawdowns <100 pips that will reverse sooner or later in the right direction. I thought that it was more conservative to make sure the candles closes with all conditions met so it acts as a filter. Maybe the anticipated gains would be less, but the probabilities of gain higher as long, as I think, as stochastic is not beyond the over areas and is heading in the direction of the trade (not only its color).

Anyway, the best thing I can do right now is to test the system on a demo account the way Bull101 suggests it. I’ll see what happens. (By the way, MACD (%, 34, 5) gives a signal very close to the one given by the Awesome oscillator).

Chamane
:slight_smile:

I guess everyone has to do what they gotta do! For me, I won’t be adding or taking away anything…let it rise and fall on it’s own merits. In the past few months the system has had a couple bad weeks, but overall has been pretty darn profitable. This week kinda speaks for itself…so far, +450 pips! Good luck!

Thanks! Maybe one more question. Is it advisable to take trades on fridays? If the trade doesn’t conclude during the day, isn’t there a high risk that the trend turns around over the weekend and reaches the stop loss level?

Chamane

Seems simple enough.

Wonder how good it is on the other time frames?

Too bad I didn’t see that first!

I didn’t see a post about adding in the sma(200).

Please elaborate.

Rumpled One…glad to have you with us! Bull101 who invented this system at some point back a few months ago decided to use the 200 SMA as a filter…don’t remember what post it was. The best place to keep up with this thread is on FF…I’ve seen your posts there, so you know about the FF website. That is where most of the discussion takes place about this Trendfinder Daily system.

Bull101 disappeared completely around the first of August…hasn’t been heard from since. I’m just trying to keep the threads going about this really good system. Just this week the system made +600 pips!

Charmane…Bull101 advised that the best place to trade this system was on an ODL demo using the Daily timeframe. ODL doesn’t have a Friday candle…just hold any open trades till next week.

Found it on FF and updated the Dashboard.

Thanks again.